Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
And, it wasn't PPD I was referring to, either - it was premenopausal mood swings. If you've never had them, you really have no idea how severe they are. Let me describe them so that you understand, Ken: one minute I'm throwing my answering machine through the wall, the next minute I'm in a catatonic state in a darkened room - too depressed to even cry. Thank God for Prozac and progesterone! Without them I'd sure have either killed somebody or myself by now! Pre-menopause can be a really scary thing - when your hormones doen't even know what the hell they are doing, your personality changes, and you know it's changing, but there's not a damn thing you can do about it - you're completely out of control. I remember hysterically crying after a round of golf that I played poorly! It's a horrible, horrible thing to be out of control, and not able to stop it.Now, I'm sure you were just making a joke, Ken, but I wanted to explain what I meant, just in case you didn't understand my point. And yes, I'm much better now, thank you!------------------"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy." (anonymous) Missycat

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Ken, dear...... you just don't get it. I'm not talking about garden-variety PMS. I'm talking about a major personality overhaul caused by hormones as they change with the onset of menopause. And I have to say that I feel you are minimising PMS also. You really can't understand what it feels like until and unless you're a woman who has experienced it. Period. PMS has NOTHING to do with "playing the field" and everything to do with anger, depression, and misery.------------------"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy." (anonymous) Missycat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.