Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
peter,IBS spares no one, nor does panic. One of my favorite acquaintances with nearly immobilizing panic is a 325 lb. former state police Lt.who was afraid to go out of New England because he was terrified of crossing bridges. He's now on Prozac and drives to Fla. without problems. I spoke with a 73 year old rich businessman today who has had IBS for 50 years or more. I think what's great is that these people did the best they could in their lives with a definite handicap. I suppose career choices would be limited (tough to be a flagpole sitter or astronaut wit IBS-D.) Take care.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dear JoeJoe, I have to ask you a question that is not really IBS related but sometimes I feel it is. You and I are very similar in a lot of our IBS ways and you mentioned that you experience panic attacks. As you know, I have had IBS for as long as I can remember and I suffer from anxiety attacks. I was never told it was panic attacks because I know the anxiety comes on when my stomach is giving me trouble etc. From what I read about panic attacks, they come from out ot the blue and you feel like you're going to die. My anxiety is more like "I have to get out of this situation and find a bathroom", even if I don't have to use it. The zoloft is doing nothing for me and you mentioned that one of the side effects of zoloft could be anxiety, but we both agree that the xanax helps more than anything else. It is not medical advice I am asking you, I am asking as a person who suffers the same symptoms I experience. Could what I have, be panic attacks? Could the anxiety attacks have grown into panic attacks? When and how did you first start experiencing panic attacks? Was it before your IBS started or after? I'm sorry this is long and I probably should have put it under a separate heading but I just started typing away and didn't think about it. Thank you for all the support and I wish you good health and happiness, Loretta

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JoeJoe you are right we are all human and get flicted in all different ways, but being on recieving end of medical help us recievers tend to overlook the fact that dr`s get sick too. I guess the best medicine is not to give up just do the best you can(like that old saying "dance with one you brung")that`s all we can ask of ourselves you cant do any better than that. Take care P.S. Hey Lorreta thats alright just right in and hang on
------------------Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.