Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it through my trip okay. The first 2 days were great. No D, but unfortunately there wasn't anything else either.Unfortunatelu, my mother brought 4 dozen doughnuts and a ham with her (there were many people there). I held off for the first day but was feeling so good by day 2 that I ate 3 doughnuts and some ham. BAD MISTAKE!At 2:30 I was up with abdominal cramps and spent the next 2.5 hrs in and out of the bathroom. It certainly did not help my anxiety level either! Before the drive home I took some Immodium so I made it okay.I think those first 2 days were the most relaxed I have been in 6 months. I found after I got home that I could do some of my relaxation techniques I learned years ago that I hadn't been able to do for awhile. The beach house was very uncluttered and I think I like that. I talked to my husband and we are going to spend the next week uncluttering our house. This will be a major accomplishment if we can do it!Thanks for remembering the trip, it meant a lot to me,SouthernBunny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's good that now you know you are able to relax. It's the food that affected you. Donuts and ham would get anyone! I think knowing it's possible to go on a trip will help next time. The more times you do events, errands, etc... attack free the more confidence you'll have. It sounds like you have a fun week ahead of you
enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.