Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

To those troubled by dairy...

343 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Julia37 
#1 ·
To those troubled by dairy...does the slightest bit set you off with D? Like just a couple tablespoons of cream cheese or a little cheese on a vegetable? Also, does dairy make anyone really tired?I've been off dairy for a LONG time and just reintroduced a few things the last two weeks and I seem to be having problems.Thanks.

#3 ·
I have problems with dairy also, but it has the opposite effect on me....C, gas and bloating. Just recently I have started taking Lactaid Ultra tablets before eating dairy and it really helps. You might want to try it. The instructions say to take a tablet or two just before eating dairy products. It is safe to take with every meal.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

#2 ·
I have problems with dairy also, but it has the opposite effect on me....C, gas and bloating. Just recently I have started taking Lactaid Ultra tablets before eating dairy and it really helps. You might want to try it. The instructions say to take a tablet or two just before eating dairy products. It is safe to take with every meal.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

#7 ·
I was raised on dairy and just learned I'm lactose intolerant last year. Before that I thought my bloating, cramping and frequent BMs were normal.Since I've begun treating the LI I have a lot more energy and endurance. It's an amazing difference. I never eat dairy unless I'm eating out, then if I have to eat something cooked in butter I take lactaid. (I'm allergic to "vegetable oil" - actually soybean oil - so eating food cooked in butter is often my only choice at restaurants.) I found if I eat something very dairy-intensive, like pizza or milk, the lactaid prevents pain and bloating but the dairy passes right through without giving me any benefit from the food.I don't see any reason to eat dairy. Milk isn't meant for humans, you know. It's meant for baby cows. It's no wonder most of us can't digest it.

#6 ·
I was raised on dairy and just learned I'm lactose intolerant last year. Before that I thought my bloating, cramping and frequent BMs were normal.Since I've begun treating the LI I have a lot more energy and endurance. It's an amazing difference. I never eat dairy unless I'm eating out, then if I have to eat something cooked in butter I take lactaid. (I'm allergic to "vegetable oil" - actually soybean oil - so eating food cooked in butter is often my only choice at restaurants.) I found if I eat something very dairy-intensive, like pizza or milk, the lactaid prevents pain and bloating but the dairy passes right through without giving me any benefit from the food.I don't see any reason to eat dairy. Milk isn't meant for humans, you know. It's meant for baby cows. It's no wonder most of us can't digest it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.