Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how you are doing on the Z? I believe I got the Z in the trials, but think I only got the 4 milligram dose, because it helps a little, but not as much as I would like. I think if I had a higher dose, it would work much better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
rose:i am very happy that the Z is helping you...even somewhat..remember that for others, it is doing nothing...take care and continued good luck...carol

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carol,I take it the Zelnorm is still not helping you at all? If so, I am so sorry.
I wonder what happened to Tom. We haven't heard a peep out of since he received the "Z". I am especially curious, because he is a man, and most of trials involved mainly women. There is only one man in the study I am involved with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
so rose, you are involved with tom are you?only kidding...yes, we are all interested in how everyone that is able to get Z is doing...Tom?i feel like a freak as Z seems to help soooooo many of us......so i will live vicariously through others that Z is helping...let us hear from you..we want to remain positive....

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
C. I wished it helped everyone, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Zelnorm has been the answer to my prayers and I thought it would be the magic bullet for everyone when I first got involved with the clinical trials three years ago. I now know that I was one of the lucky ones who responded well to Zelnorm. It's also a bit tricky to get the dosing right. If I take too little, I have diahrrea and if I take too much I get all my IBS symptoms back, including pain, bloating and constipation. I find that 6 mg a day is about right for me. Rose, sometimes 3 mg is more effective even than the 6 mg, so don't feel bad about being on a low dose. In fact, if the Z. isn't working that well, you could very well be on too high a dose for your system, not too little. I've been wondering about Tom myself. Too silent. That's not like Tom.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tomorrow will be 10 days since Tom posted saying he received the Zelnorm, and he has not posted since. Does anybody else think this is weird????I hope he is OK.Crnkr, I am so sorry the Z is not working for you. It works for me, but not as well as I had hoped and unfortunately does nothing for the pain or the bloat.
, but I am going to stick with it until the end of the trials. I have 10 more weeks on the Z, and then 4 more weeks of taking nothing.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Rose, agree that Tom's silence is unusual. I hope he checks in with us soon. Sorry to hear the Z is not helping you as much as you hoped. Maybe it's the dose you are getting. The dosing is critical to effectiveness with the Z. I know there's nothing you can do about that during the trial. So sorry. I had hoped this would help you a lot.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh Tom! You haven't gotten a chance to try it? So sorry...Please let us know how you feel when you are able to begin!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tom. Glad you are back. Some of us were worried about you. Hope the family emergency turned out OK. Sorry you have not had a chance to try the Z. Please let us know how you do with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts