Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
At least you haven't assumed it's thrush! Run it by a dentist or ENT; it's probably hairy tongue.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
At least you haven't assumed it's thrush! Run it by a dentist or ENT; it's probably hairy tongue.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have that. Like a whitish coating on the back of my tongue. I just use a scraper everyday. it helps a bit, but I always have that. Do you also have like sores on the back of your tongue? Sometimes if I scrape over them...they can get all sore. I know this sounds gross, but it's my life...lala

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have that. Like a whitish coating on the back of my tongue. I just use a scraper everyday. it helps a bit, but I always have that. Do you also have like sores on the back of your tongue? Sometimes if I scrape over them...they can get all sore. I know this sounds gross, but it's my life...lala

·
Banned
375 Posts
John how dare you make fun of Andy he is here looking for help. Oh sorry for a minute I thought I was someone else. I'm all better now, I have a little fellow who's cute and yellow and chubby, rubber ducky.Tim

·
Banned
375 Posts
John how dare you make fun of Andy he is here looking for help. Oh sorry for a minute I thought I was someone else. I'm all better now, I have a little fellow who's cute and yellow and chubby, rubber ducky.Tim

·
Registered
255 Posts
Andy's question was a simple one. Flux gave good advice, but the commentary wasn't necessary. John, you crack me up, and I'm sure Andy took your comment as you intended it to be meant-not as ridicule or sarcastic. Lala, you gave Andy the answer he was looking for-he is not the only one who has the problem, and I'm sure he feels better knowing that. mxz583-I'm not sure what your point was? Do you? By the way, duckies have feathers, not fur. Andy, I hope you got the help you wanted somewhere in these postings.PS mxz- I've stayed away from any of your postings just because I'm as opinionated as you, and also love a good , clean debate. I like to see people stand up for what they believe in. BUT, I don't get into debates that might offend, ridicule, belittle or otherwise make an IBS sufferers day worse than it already is. Anytime you want a good, clean, pleasant debate I'm game. Down deep I think you're probably a very caring person that has trouble showing it at times. I think that is admirable. You're trying to help others-just soften your sharp corners a bit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Andy's question was a simple one. Flux gave good advice, but the commentary wasn't necessary. John, you crack me up, and I'm sure Andy took your comment as you intended it to be meant-not as ridicule or sarcastic. Lala, you gave Andy the answer he was looking for-he is not the only one who has the problem, and I'm sure he feels better knowing that. mxz583-I'm not sure what your point was? Do you? By the way, duckies have feathers, not fur. Andy, I hope you got the help you wanted somewhere in these postings.PS mxz- I've stayed away from any of your postings just because I'm as opinionated as you, and also love a good , clean debate. I like to see people stand up for what they believe in. BUT, I don't get into debates that might offend, ridicule, belittle or otherwise make an IBS sufferers day worse than it already is. Anytime you want a good, clean, pleasant debate I'm game. Down deep I think you're probably a very caring person that has trouble showing it at times. I think that is admirable. You're trying to help others-just soften your sharp corners a bit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Andy,Not to worry. I have the same thing. It comes and goes. I to use a scraper and that helps. FYI... The Sores on the bakc of your tongue...are not sores...they're taste buds. The taste buds on the back of the tongue are HUGE. If you scrape them they will get sore.KARL

·
Registered
428 Posts
Andy,Not to worry. I have the same thing. It comes and goes. I to use a scraper and that helps. FYI... The Sores on the bakc of your tongue...are not sores...they're taste buds. The taste buds on the back of the tongue are HUGE. If you scrape them they will get sore.KARL

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have something similar. It seems to get better when I feel healthier. Since it is part of the gi system, it seems very logical that someone with gut problems might show signs of it on their tongue. I can bring myself to scrape, but I brush my teeth more often.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have something similar. It seems to get better when I feel healthier. Since it is part of the gi system, it seems very logical that someone with gut problems might show signs of it on their tongue. I can bring myself to scrape, but I brush my teeth more often.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have that too, I usually notice it when I wake up in the morning. Mouth taste like hot stuff
and it is worse when I consume a lot of carbs. Sugars and starches.------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.