Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34,954 Posts
Usually it is a good idea to be retested for the SIBO after antibiotic treatment because sometimes you don't get the right one and you may need a different one. They can't always get the right one the first time in all people.Also if your diarrhea is more severe than usual, you may need to have a stool test for C. diff.Regardless, it sounds like you need a follow up appointment ASAP or at least a call into the doctor if you have a follow up scheduled but it isn't soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had some improvement. My diarrhea is brown again and there is less gas. So is that some sign for celebration?I have another breath test scheduled for the 9th. I just found out my mom's sister knows some one who had to get tested 3 tiems before she killed it.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Levaquin was the antibiotic that gave me C-Diff. Be careful and if your D worsens again... call the Dr right away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
what is c-diff? and when you say that it kills it do you mean forever? or do you have to be on antibiotics forever?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.