Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered Zelnorm/Tegbis for a couple of years through UrantiaPharma.com They were very reliable but something happened & they are gone. In my last shipment from them, the Torrent Tegbis had changed. It used to be oval shaped, light peach colored but Urantia sent me small, round white pills. They came in the same box as usual by Torrent, same type of blister pack with Torrent foil on the back.Since I couldn't go through Urantia anymore, I went back to Freedom-Pharmacy who I'd used before Urantia. I was kinda hopping that since Urantia went under, that last shipment were just some bum pills. I received my latest shippment from Freedom and they are the same little white pills. I wondered if anyone on this board has used but the light peach and the white ones AND, have you noticed any difference? I swear, the new ones don't work as well. The light peach ones would get me back to normal after just a few days. These white ones seem to do almost NOTHING. When taking the white ones, I don't have as much bloating as if I don't take anything but the BMs are not returning to normal. Long, long ago I got little white ones that didn't help. After that, I only bought the Torrent ones. If you've used both, have you noticed a difference? Do you suspect they're sugar pills????

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
Hi ---yes i've noticed that too.i've been ordering tegibs (tegaserod--generic zelnorm) from inhouse pharmacy for about two and a half years and they always sent me the oval shaped peach pills until about six-eight months ago-or so--??? i'm guessing here . then they started sending the round while pills and i also noticed the box was different. and now it says on the box that they are marketed by torrent but manufacturered by hetero labs ltd, also in india. before the box said manufactured by torrent. so i was really upset to discover this and i took some right away the next day to test it out but very surprisingly i honestly haven't noticed any difference in how they work for me. and i'd really been afraid they wouldn't work at all. for me the new pills work as well as the torrent ones did. although neither the torrent ones nor the real zelnorm ever really worked perfectly for me --especially if i take it every day--it's a long story---but i really haven't seen a difference in the two different pills.some people have noticed that over time zelnorm/tegaserod has a reduced effect or just quits working altogether. if you go to the constipation meds board and look way back to a long time ago when zelnorm first came out, you'll find a lot of postings on this. for some of us, going off it for a while--a week, two weeks--helps make it start working again. myself--it never ever worked at all if i took it daily. after much much experimenting i found if i take twelve mg every two or three days then it'll work for me. otherwise nada.sorry you're have problems---how frustrating to say the least. maybe try going off it for a while--see if that jump starts it into working again? or maybe it is because of the new manufacturer. we also differ so much in how we respond to meds--the new pills might be affecting you differently.. maybe someone here knows of a place that sells tegaserod still manufactured by torrent--not hetero.good luck.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I had ordered from medsmex.com, but they are out of business now. The last batch was white, not peach, and round in shape, not oval. They did not work as well as the peach ones for me, but perhaps that had to do with the shipping. When I get really constipated, I take the peach ones and they work, but I'm running out of them. I just ordered some more from inhousepharmacy.com. It's really hard to know what we are getting or the quality of the manufacturing or shipping. Tegaserod maleate is sensitive to temperatures. I don't like to order them during the summer, but I see that India may be banning the manufacture of them, so I decided to stock up. Don't know what I would do without this medication. It has been a miracle drug for me. It's the only thing that works, otherwise I end up with an intestinal obstruction.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
gail susan--thanks for the tegibs info--what bad news! you don't by any chance have a link to where you read that do you..i agree with you about ordering meds in the summer but looks like we have no choice. thanks!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had ordered from medsmex.com, but they are out of business now. The last batch was white, not peach, and round in shape, not oval. They did not work as well as the peach ones for me, but perhaps that had to do with the shipping. When I get really constipated, I take the peach ones and they work, but I'm running out of them. I just ordered some more from inhousepharmacy.com. It's really hard to know what we are getting or the quality of the manufacturing or shipping. Tegaserod maleate is sensitive to temperatures. I don't like to order them during the summer, but I see that India may be banning the manufacture of them, so I decided to stock up. Don't know what I would do without this medication. It has been a miracle drug for me. It's the only thing that works, otherwise I end up with an intestinal obstruction.
Hi GailSusan, where did you hear that India was banning the manufacture of zelnorm? Oh no! I just ordered some and it got here very quickly--as usual in a very timely manner and it works great, the same as always. But what alternative do we have except inhousepharmacy? I agree that this med is temperature sensitive. The only batch I've ordered which seemed to not be effective was during the summer many years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Went to order from Medsmex today, and their shops, boards, everything are all gone. I always used a tellers check (like a cashiers check or money order) when I ordered from them, so never had credit card issues, and they always sent me Norvatis Zelmac (Tegaserod 6mg)- white tabs, not peach. But, looks like i am going to have to go elsewhere. I see the many good comments on inhousepharmacy.com, but wonder if anyone has used supesavermeds.com recently. I used them once, long ago, got the peach pills, which were Indian made Tegibs, and discovered that Tegibs did not work as well as Zelnorm for me, but if that is my only choice, then I will have to work with it. Any suggestions for where to order to get the real Zelnorm/Zelmac? I know it is more expensive, but for me it was worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to order from Medsmex today, and their shops, boards, everything are all gone. I always used a tellers check (like a cashiers check or money order) when I ordered from them, so never had credit card issues, and they always sent me Norvatis Zelmac (Tegaserod 6mg)- white tabs, not peach. But, looks like i am going to have to go elsewhere. I see the many good comments on inhousepharmacy.com, but wonder if anyone has used supesavermeds.com recently. I used them once, long ago, got the peach pills, which were Indian made Tegibs, and discovered that Tegibs did not work as well as Zelnorm for me, but if that is my only choice, then I will have to work with it. Any suggestions for where to order to get the real Zelnorm/Zelmac? I know it is more expensive, but for me it was worth the extra cost.
Hi I wanted to let you know. I just went on medsmex.com and their site and store is back up and they have zelnorm.They have also raised their prices considerably but they do have the novartis, zelnorm/zelmac. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi GailSusan, where did you hear that India was banning the manufacture of zelnorm? Oh no! I just ordered some and it got here very quickly--as usual in a very timely manner and it works great, the same as always. But what alternative do we have except inhousepharmacy? I agree that this med is temperature sensitive. The only batch I've ordered which seemed to not be effective was during the summer many years ago.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Inhousepharmacy said that the last manufacturer of tegaserod maleate (Torrent) had to cease manufacturing the product in May 2011 due to FDA pressure. I was told that Novartis ceased producing the product years before that in Mexico, but some product still remained on the shelves a few years ago. Without this medication my colon becomes impacted and I end up in sepsis due to perforations from hardened stool. I've been through two emergency operations in the past and almost died once. Nothing else works. My testimony before the FDA is still available on the Internet. Why would the FDA reach into India and destroy the last source of hope I have? What is wrong with our government? Does anyone know if tegaserod maleate is available anywhere? Thanks.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
well, i'm guessing you've already tried all this but just in case...(sorry--don't mean to be redundant here--just really really wishing i could help..) medsmex stil shows that they have zelmac/tegaserod. http://medsmex.com/store/search.php?mode=search&page=1have you called or e-mailed novartis and talked with them personally about the manufacture, sale and availability of zelnorm/zelmac? http://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/jsp/utils/contact/info/choicei.jspand lastly, resolor/prucalopride is a prokinetic similar to zelnorm but with a better safety profile--it's a 5-HT4 receptor agonist. it's currently available in the uk and europe but not fda approved here yet. it is available through canadadrugs.com --they say they get it from the uk. i've never ordered from them so i don't know how reliable they are.other online pharms say they have it too. i think canada drugs might require a doc's script for it though... http://www.canadadrugs.com/prescription/product/Resolor+2mg/14687good luck to you. i really hope and pray you can find some help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.