Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Totally grossest question yet!!!

785 views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  stinky too 
#1 ·
Ok, now don't anybody laugh at me. This is the totally grossest question yet. I should get an award for this one. For the last couple of days I have filled the toliet up above the water line with poop. I mean soft but formed long stools, must be 5 foot (well, you get the picture). I mean I look at go geez, did all that come out of me! (LOL). I know I've been feeling uncomfortable and nauseous but really, this is too much. Does anybody else do this? Oh, and the smell, ugh. Like something dead crawled out. Phew!! I did this at work in the restroom and thank heavens no one else was in there, I would have absolutely have died, right on the spot.....

#5 ·
Funny you should mention this. In one phase of my symptoms I have lengthy soft stools. Not properly formed as one would hope for. I do not get rid of it all at one time but instead may have three of these in one day. This happens after several days of passing just mucous and debri. I am aware of the fact that I have an elongated colon and figure that must have something to do with it but somehow that doesn't explain it right.

#4 ·
Funny you should mention this. In one phase of my symptoms I have lengthy soft stools. Not properly formed as one would hope for. I do not get rid of it all at one time but instead may have three of these in one day. This happens after several days of passing just mucous and debri. I am aware of the fact that I have an elongated colon and figure that must have something to do with it but somehow that doesn't explain it right.

#10 ·
Just look on the brighter side. If you are not suffering with D, or sitting there waiting for a BM with C...be happy that you have a long, formed, healthy 5 footer. (;Make sure you have the plunger nearby. Believe me I feel your pain. I have the biggest fear of clogging the toilet with one of these monsters when it happens to me.

#11 ·
Just look on the brighter side. If you are not suffering with D, or sitting there waiting for a BM with C...be happy that you have a long, formed, healthy 5 footer. (;Make sure you have the plunger nearby. Believe me I feel your pain. I have the biggest fear of clogging the toilet with one of these monsters when it happens to me.

#18 ·
Don't know if I've hit the above-the-water-mark line, but yeah, I've done this before. Usually happens after I've gone once or twice, but not much happened... then the third time I get the urgency feeling I've REALLY got to go. Then this happens. If I weigh myself afterward, I can be up to 5 lbs. lighter... and my stomach gets SOOOOO flat!The stinkiness factor isn't there, but yeah, I know what you mean. I've had this before. And afterward, I usually feel kind achy or nauseous for a couple of hours... and then fine.Regards, Lilymaid

#19 ·
Don't know if I've hit the above-the-water-mark line, but yeah, I've done this before. Usually happens after I've gone once or twice, but not much happened... then the third time I get the urgency feeling I've REALLY got to go. Then this happens. If I weigh myself afterward, I can be up to 5 lbs. lighter... and my stomach gets SOOOOO flat!The stinkiness factor isn't there, but yeah, I know what you mean. I've had this before. And afterward, I usually feel kind achy or nauseous for a couple of hours... and then fine.Regards, Lilymaid

#20 ·
Genny-Aye Aye Aye! First I laughed - then I felt your pain - I think Women have a bug about pooping at work as it is and then to have that happen. I have sat there and held it until the place was cleared - talk about a feat!Have you ever been tested for celiac disease? Sometimes people think it is IBS and it is celiac - my guess was the opposite

#21 ·
Genny-Aye Aye Aye! First I laughed - then I felt your pain - I think Women have a bug about pooping at work as it is and then to have that happen. I have sat there and held it until the place was cleared - talk about a feat!Have you ever been tested for celiac disease? Sometimes people think it is IBS and it is celiac - my guess was the opposite

#22 ·
Yes, just an hour ago! Mine was one continuous flow of D (well, not quite D, just excessively loose with absolutely NO form to it). It not only came above the water line, it looked like a mound of elephant dung! It didn't smell, though. Since I've been drinking these "greens" my gas and BMs are not very smelly at all. This is good because I have a hard time going at work, too, but since I know it won't smell too bad I am not hung up on it anymore.

#23 ·
Yes, just an hour ago! Mine was one continuous flow of D (well, not quite D, just excessively loose with absolutely NO form to it). It not only came above the water line, it looked like a mound of elephant dung! It didn't smell, though. Since I've been drinking these "greens" my gas and BMs are not very smelly at all. This is good because I have a hard time going at work, too, but since I know it won't smell too bad I am not hung up on it anymore.

#25 ·
LOL! That's a new one. Now the really bad thing is I usually don't have time to read more than a handful of posts on here, but if someone says it's gross, I just about always read it out of gross curiousity! Anyone else do that?Anyhow, I've also had the "cow patty" load in the toilet...never all in one string tho!
Maybe it's because I don't have that Texan blood...I used to do that a lot more before I was diagnosed, when I would have a D attack, then take enough Immodium to stop me up, then when that wore off or something triggered me, I'd have a massive BM...it'd start out solid, and sometimes those hard stools rocketed out if there were some angry intestines propelling other stuff toward the colon too... Hello, fissure! Then it'd get gradually softer, til it was completely unformed. And there'd be this PILE in the toilet...I couldn't believe that much poop was in me! And usually I'd try to flush partway through, too and still what a pile!
Now when I take Immodium, I usually wait til most of the stuff is out to take it, and use a smaller dose to just slow the intestines down, or stop them temporarily. But when I have had to take a larger dose and gotten rebounding, I fill the toilet again... I really try to avoid that now, because it's rather uncomfortable, often painful, until that floodgate opens... it's not that I'm C, it's that the cramping/rapid motility has started, and there is more ahead of it than usual!

#24 ·
LOL! That's a new one. Now the really bad thing is I usually don't have time to read more than a handful of posts on here, but if someone says it's gross, I just about always read it out of gross curiousity! Anyone else do that?Anyhow, I've also had the "cow patty" load in the toilet...never all in one string tho!
Maybe it's because I don't have that Texan blood...I used to do that a lot more before I was diagnosed, when I would have a D attack, then take enough Immodium to stop me up, then when that wore off or something triggered me, I'd have a massive BM...it'd start out solid, and sometimes those hard stools rocketed out if there were some angry intestines propelling other stuff toward the colon too... Hello, fissure! Then it'd get gradually softer, til it was completely unformed. And there'd be this PILE in the toilet...I couldn't believe that much poop was in me! And usually I'd try to flush partway through, too and still what a pile!
Now when I take Immodium, I usually wait til most of the stuff is out to take it, and use a smaller dose to just slow the intestines down, or stop them temporarily. But when I have had to take a larger dose and gotten rebounding, I fill the toilet again... I really try to avoid that now, because it's rather uncomfortable, often painful, until that floodgate opens... it's not that I'm C, it's that the cramping/rapid motility has started, and there is more ahead of it than usual!

G
#27 ·
Alright,I'll chime in on this 'great' subject.After being C for around 3 weeks (my longest ever), I resorted a double dose of ex-lax to clear things up. Well, I had around a hundred servings of fruits/vegetables in my digestive tract (I went on a high insoluble fiber diet for two weeks - bran cereal, salads, etc) and somehow it all held.Well, about 5 hours after I took it, no effect, so I head to run some quick errands - while driving, it 'comes' - I pull over, whip out my porta-potty (I had tinted windows) and bam!In one steady D attack, I fill up the little porta porry and a big gulp cup and make a huge mess in my back seat. I lost double digit pounds with that one attack - it had to be several gallons worth. I think that tops anything so far here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.