Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but I don't understand the mechanics of my IBS. If I have a slow and normal movment, my life is great--I feel good. But, the mornings when I wake up with a spasm, the movement comes fast and stinky---I feel sick to my stomach, feel like my gut was run over by a truck and dizzy. What's the connection? Sometimes I think it's nerves (but it's hard to be calm everyday), then the food sensitivity (that's tough too). What makes the colon move the stool either fast or slower?TaniaAlso, does anyone get dizzy? I also have an inner ear problem, so this could be the cause, but it happens along with the IBS.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tania, Does this happen during the mornings that you leave for work? It could be the anxiety involved knowing that you have to go at a certain time. I also find that when you eat something or have a hot beverage,that can trigger your spasms too. I've never experienced dizziness or inner ear probs in association with my IBS. BTW, Hubby still doing ok with Diovan? Same goes here. I hope your Christmas Holidays so far have been pleasant.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Tania, Does this happen during the mornings that you leave for work? It could be the anxiety involved knowing that you have to go at a certain time. I also find that when you eat something or have a hot beverage,that can trigger your spasms too. I've never experienced dizziness or inner ear probs in association with my IBS. BTW, Hubby still doing ok with Diovan? Same goes here. I hope your Christmas Holidays so far have been pleasant.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
TANIA....Answering that question could take a book to describe the inneraction betwenn the CNS, the local neural netowrk, the endocrine and immune sytem in managing the flow of goop through the tubes. There are many excellent online tutorials on basic GIO anatomy and Physiology and I have to run...if nobody posts some for you I will come back in the AM and give you osme links with pictures etc.In the meantime you just posted multiple red-flags, symptoms and signs, stronly associated with non-allergenicfood or chemical sensitivity: that whole set of symptoms right up to the dizziness and inner ear symptomsare common symptoms of the presence of proinflammatory mediators being released in the gut wall and bloodstream, and this reaction is provoked by dietary components which vary from person to person.Recommended reading to understand and learn options to manage such symtoms..."FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff (M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 Can't stay and play today...Happy N'year allMNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
TANIA....Answering that question could take a book to describe the inneraction betwenn the CNS, the local neural netowrk, the endocrine and immune sytem in managing the flow of goop through the tubes. There are many excellent online tutorials on basic GIO anatomy and Physiology and I have to run...if nobody posts some for you I will come back in the AM and give you osme links with pictures etc.In the meantime you just posted multiple red-flags, symptoms and signs, stronly associated with non-allergenicfood or chemical sensitivity: that whole set of symptoms right up to the dizziness and inner ear symptomsare common symptoms of the presence of proinflammatory mediators being released in the gut wall and bloodstream, and this reaction is provoked by dietary components which vary from person to person.Recommended reading to understand and learn options to manage such symtoms..."FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff (M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 Can't stay and play today...Happy N'year allMNL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts