Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I wake up with an extreme feeling of urgency and diarrhea. About 20% of the time, I would say I get trapped diarrhea. You can tell you have diarrhea because the pain, but youre constipated or blocked. It is the fucking worse. What do you do when you have it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow i hate that. I get that in the evenings sometimes. And the gas hurts a lot because its blocked. Until its unblocked, and everything comes flowing or gushing out. Idk what can be done to prevent it though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wow cool thread! I describe my symptoms exactly this way to doctors:

I tell them that I have "trapped loose stools."

It makes physiological sense if you think about it. The musculature of the intestinal tract is meant to push along solid formed stools. So when they aren't formed or solid, the intestine will try it's best to avoid pushing it further down the tract, as to avoid diarrhea. The other part is the intestines are likely unable to move the stools properly because the musculature has nothing to "grip" on to, nothing to push against.

All of this leads to the physcial sensation that we feel inside us of trapped loose stools.

I often have to go, but I'll sit down and nothing with be ready. I can feel the stool inside me up about a foot or two, trapped. If I just keep sitting there for 5-20 minutes it will often finally release and out comes the loose stool.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts