Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain what it means to have trapped gas in the flexures of yur colon? Does it get trapped behind stool, or is it trapped ina sense that your colon has slowed down/ I am confused by this,. also, how would this pain feel if you had this problem?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I don't know that the pain from trapped gas in the places the colon bends would feel different from pain from those places for any other reason. So any crampy, stabbing, burning, pressure, etc could be just about anything.The colon does regulate how things move through the colon and getting stuff around the bend seems to be a problem for some people. I don't know if you can tell by feel if it is stool not moving easily enough or gas not moving. Either could fill up the inside of the colon and be a problem.And the pain in these locations may not have anything to do with distension. Pain quality usually is not all the diagnositic for abdominal problems in general, although location sometimes gives hints (and sometimes the pain is felt in places other than where it occurs but most of the time in predictable ways, like gall bladder usually if you feel it somewhere else is in the back near the shoulder blades).some info http://seniorhealth.about.com/cs/digestive...gas_cause_3.htm but all it says is pain and location, and how that pain from gas can mimic other pain.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts