Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo my lovely, sweet boyfriend wants us to go on a little trip to Disney World for our 2 year anniversary. It's a wonderful idea, I love love Disney World. But the issue is my ibs, of course. I want to go, I want to go with him, have a great time. But I'm scared. Orlando is 3 hours away, and I've done it before with my ibs, but I'm having a hard time trying work up the courage. I want to do this for myself and him, I know he really wants to take this trip with me. I just don't want to disappoint him by saying I don't want to go, just because of my ibs. He will support me if I decide if it's too much and we shouldn't go, but I know he will be slightly disappointed. I just needs some tips, to be strong. I want to have a good time and not have to worry the whole time. At this time in my life, I do have my ibs pretty much under control. I think I can do it, I'm just having a little anxiety about the situation lol. Anyone have any tips for traveling or easing worries??Sorry this is soo long, thanks for reading it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I usually be sure to take imodium when I travel, along with probiotics. Not sure how it works for you, but Imodium just calms my stomach (and my concerns) which help a lot. Also, I think its always best to be extra careful about what you're eating and drinking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm worrying as well as I'm going on a fieldtrip mid-June with my course at uni. I can't miss it as it's a core module and if I do miss going on the trip I'll have to go the following year in order to make up my credits.It's 4-5 hours on a plane! I've never been on a plane with IBS, I travel by train and coach every so often so I can handle them but planes are another matter.It does upset me as I've only had IBS for 12 months and I've always been the first one to volunteer to go on field trips - I use to love them. Now it's the last thing I want to do! It's such a restricting condition - I'm battling to get some control over it. I wish it would majically disappear!Soph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts