Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm a 33 year old male with severe IBS. I'd like to share my story and hope i can assist others who are bound to a toilet and struggle to travel.

I've was diagnosed with it many years ago and i couldn't leave the house due to a constant rush to the toilet. I would go to the toilet at least 8 times before leaving for work, and still need to make another visit or two and have to turn back around to go home. It would then continue at work or where ever i was on that day.

I had to come up with some way to get to and from work, and out and about. I was actually going crazy not being able to leave the house!

For my 30th birthday my wife and i hired a motorhome to take a holiday. It was a great idea because i had a toilet with me where ever i went. I thought to myself, how can i turn a motorhome into an everyday car, with access to a full flushing toilet and washroom like it had.

It wasn't long before i had the answer.. I didn't know if it was going to work, or even if it could work. I approached a campervan conversion company and told them what i needed and why. Together we come up with a perfect solution!

I purchased a standard Toyota Hiace, installed a full bathroom, insulated the walls, installed a floor, water pump, deepcycle battery, lighting, water tanks, etc...

What this has given me is a fully functional, easy to drive vehicle which i can go and park anywhere a car can. Most of all it's given me the freedom to drive anywhere at any time. If i ever have the need to go to the toilet when i'm out on the road, i just need to pull over and park. I don't need to rush around searching for the nearest servo. I don't need to worry about how clean the toilet is going to be or if it's going to be in use. No more travel worries! The toilet is always there. It doesn't look out of place, my wife drives it regularly as it's just like driving a car.

Would any one else be interested in having one of these vans? Is there anyone that thinks it might be suitable for you?

Please feel free to ask me any questions because i'd be happy to answer them.

Cheers!

Brad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's great!! I, too, worry about travel...and right now I'm looking at a 2000-mile round-trip driving excursion at the end of next month. That sounds absolutely luxurious!! Would that I could afford something like that.....

I'll just be vigilant about taking Immodium...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great!! I, too, worry about travel...and right now I'm looking at a 2000-mile round-trip driving excursion at the end of next month. That sounds absolutely luxurious!! Would that I could afford something like that.....

I'll just be vigilant about taking Immodium...
I've got to tell you, it's been a lifeline for me. I would have given up anything to have that freedom back, so it's a small price to pay.

For me, immodium doesn't work and actually causes me worse problems. Lomotil on the other hand has been great, however i can't take it everyday....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.