Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave next week for Christmas holidays with my family. We're in Florida for a few days (going to a theme park all day for one of those days) and then we're taking a seven day cruise. I'm not worried so much about the cruise food as I know I will have plenty of selection, but I am slightly anxious about the excursions. My mom has been harrassing me about making sure I'm okay because there isn't anything they can do for me if I'm sick, plus it will make me miserable and miss stuff, etc. I am trying not to be anxious as I know this will make it worse, but I just keep thinking of those days where we'll be snorkelling and I probably won't have access to a bathroom for four hours or so. I currently take 1-2 probiotics a day, Papaya enzyme with meals, 1 flaxseed caplet a day and 1 ginger caplet a day. I will be travelling with my medicine cabinet (Immodium, Zantac, Pepto, Tums, Gas-X, Gravol, etc.) but is there anything else I could take that would act as an antispasmodic or keep my stomach calm? Any advice for me, especially from seasoned travellers?? Help! I'm worried. And it doesn't make it any better that I had a random attack yesterday and was sick for 3 hours...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you cannot get or won't take prescription antispasmodics you could try peppermint.I just use Altoids, they are cheap and I can find them most places if I need more (at least in the USA).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.