Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my ibs-d (maybe a, not sure yet) has gotten incredibly bad in the last few months. I've tried a bunch of the meds/supplements, and have eliminated all the generic triggers (greasy food, caffeine, a lot of dairy, etc.), and I'm still in pain after every meal. So I've decided that something in my diet has to be making this worse, and if I can find it, things will get better (maybe wishful thinking, but...)So I'm not sure what the next step is after deciding to experiment with diet. I know many people have gone on strict elimination diets to isolate their triggers. Has anyone else done that? I know the diet itself is temporary to find the triggers, but I still don't know how I'd do it. Has anyone tried the Specific Carbohydrates Diet? It seems really strict, but if it works... Does anyone know any other diet changes I could try? It can be a really strict diet (I'll do anything right now), but it has to be one with which I can keep on my weight, as weight loss is a major concern right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will definitely look into trying low carb/grain type things. The candida diet sounds interesting, but it said on the website it was for ibs with constipation... I don't know if I misunderstood, but I need no more poop! I think I'm going to try to talk to a nutritionist before starting anything big, just to figure out how to stay nourished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.