Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS for sometime now. What I am trying to figure out though is, I come down with a cold and the flu so easily it seems. I am wondering with the meds that I take to help me have a BM everyday, am I losing nutrients that help me stay healthy?I add a prescription powdered laxative to whatever I am drinking in the morning (excluding alcohol of course). Any information I receive back is so much appreciated. And thank you all for reading this.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Jackie,The best thing I could suggest is to search the web and do some research regarding your meds and the side effects.Do you eat right? Do you take vitamins?It sounds like you need something to boost your immune system.Jeanne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do eat right for the most part.Occasionally, I can go over board, but who doesnt. It just is unfortunate that I miss work from IBS then I turn around and come down with the flu and miss more work. I cant seem to catch a break for too long. Jeanne-- Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HI Jackie, I too get sick all the time now. I don't know why my system is so low. I am babysitting my gandbabies and one of them goes to a day care 2 times a week. She is sick ALL the time and I keep getting everything she gets and then some. I don't know why eighter. I quit smoking 1 1 /2 years ago and thought by now I would feel so much better.Hope you feel better soonTake careKat

·
Registered
779 Posts
I usually don't catch many colds or the flu. But this season I have had the flu twice. I am just getting over the second bout. I am thinking that it is the change in climate. I moved here about 10 months ago and this was a cold wet winter plus the cool breeze that is common here is not what I was used to. Even when it is warm, that cold wind can really go right through you here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For me personally, yup I always catch everything. It doesn't matter how healthy i feel I always catch everything. When I was in school everything going around i was sure to catch and at work, the same thing. If someone is sick around me I get sick. Yup it sucks. So yah your not the only one that catches everything and I do believe that it is connected to having ibs.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Here's a thought.I'm not sure how they taste or if they will bother you Jackie, or anyone who gets sick often, but maybe drinking those Boost or Ensure shakes could give you some added nutrition?Jeanne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.