Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look forit. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.Reason to smile: Every seven minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.The best way to keep kids at home is to make the home a pleasant atmosphere ... and let the air out of their tires. �Dorothy ParkerCar sickness is the feeling you get when the monthly car payment is due.Families are like fudge ... mostly sweet with a few nuts.Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.Laughing helps. It's like jogging on the inside.Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.One day I shall burst my buds of calm and blossom into hysteria.If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts.Eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day!You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoes and wonder what else you can do while you're down there.Life's golden age is when the kids are too old to need baby-sitters and too young to borrow the family car.------------------"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."-----Oprah WinfreyMissycat

G

·
Heeeeehaaaaaaheehahahah. I love it! This one especially is sooooo like me......"My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely" Just ask my family!!!!!------------------"A merry heart does good, like medicine."

G

·
I like the one about choosing the cereal for the fiber...and bending down to tie your shoes!!!------------------Life is what you make of it!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nah, the one I like is "the longer you complain, the longer God lets you live." My mom will get a kick out of that -- she always complains that I complain too much!
[This message has been edited by LDanna (edited 04-30-99).]

G

·
I loved them all---even though I can't remember them all. You know what they say: You can tell you're getting old by 3 things....First your memory goes, then ....Gosh, I don't remember the other 2!------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Great stuff!!I knew I was getting old when all the cops looked like babies!I loved the tying your show one--How true{and I'm "only" 48!)Of all the things I miss,I miss my mind the most!------------------ It's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live.

G

·
That was fun, Missycat. And I loved reading everyone else's comments just as much. You're all such nice people - I feel like I know you all and we're friends and yet we've never met.Pat

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Pat H - it does feel like a bunch of friends here, I agree! I guess because this is the only place we can actually talk about our problems...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts