Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am currently training as a Holistic Massage practitioner with Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork. As part of my studies I chose to research massage effects with people who have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Massage therapy is highly recommended for those with condition so as to encourage overall relaxation and stress relief which could lead to reduced pain in abdominal area in long term. This research is carried out in order to learn more about syndrome, to find out what massage techniques work the best, and how can massage therapy contribute towards the wellbeing of people with IBS.I could offer massage session/s at a convenient time for you in Bristol, UK. The sessions would be free of charge as it is a part of my training and a study project. Looking forward to hear from you.Many ThanksLina

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wish I could take you up on your offer! Sadly, California is just a bit too far away. I was a nationally certified Nurse Massage Therapist for 20 years so I know from both the giver and receiver sides of the experience. It is a lovely way to relax and of course with correct technique and direction of massaging the abdomen, it can really help with gas. This is very useful for babies with colic too.... I've gotten crying babies to get relief, much to their parents' delight. As for me, now disabled from Rheumatoid Arthritis and IBS, I only get a massage annually, on my birthday. I have too many medical expenses like costly medications, medical aides(equipment), physical therapy, Dr appointments, frequent lab tests, and occasional hospitalization for surgeries and care. I simply cannot afford to pay for massages, as therapeutic as they are. I will suggest that you do get much training and experience about massaging people with chronic conditions, especially for many sessions each. Then get testimonials from those and add it to your personal marketing. Look for medical massage courses or associations in your country too. With this world's aging population, this will give you an "edge" over general massage practitioners.Good luck.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Lina, it is never a good idea to put your phone mail or email address in your posts.I see you have your private messages turned on, and you can also turn on the ability for people to email you using the board with the My Controls setting.Spammers will comb through message board posts for email addresses and we can't ensure that only the people you want to talk to will use your phone number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.