Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making an appt with GP again, the symptoms have been the worse I have had with no let up for over a week now.Im alternating between constipation and diarrhea daily and the pain is constant from morning to night.I really hope he can help. The medication I am on at the minute is doing nothing.Please let me know if anyone has the same problems and what meds you take, Im just on buscopan at the minute but have tried countless others, If I take imodium for the diarrhea it makes the pain even worse and if I have to much fibre that just bungs me up.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
With the imodium pain.. try using an anti-gas product WITH the imodium(something with simethicone in it... I think Windeze is one?? in the UK).You may be using too much imodium for what your body needs... try breaking the tablets in half.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I will try that with the imodium and see if it works. I also got some Mebeverine off my GP which is something I havent tried before. Fingers crossed it will help.

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
Making an appt with GP again, the symptoms have been the worse I have had with no let up for over a week now.Im alternating between constipation and diarrhea daily and the pain is constant from morning to night.I really hope he can help. The medication I am on at the minute is doing nothing.Please let me know if anyone has the same problems and what meds you take, Im just on buscopan at the minute but have tried countless others, If I take imodium for the diarrhea it makes the pain even worse and if I have to much fibre that just bungs me up.
You could try Nulev, see these reviews http://www.irritable-bowel-syndrome.ws/nulev.htmOr you could try Librax or any smooth muscle relaxant.For the bowels you coulde try psyllium or ground flax seed.An idea would be to try some food elimanation. A good place to start would be to eliminate dairy and gluten and anyhting you think might be the trigger.It is a question of trying different things until you find things that work for you.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wish you luck with the GP. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago and figured what the heck I'll see what the GP says, big waste of time! Unless he's going to provide me tranquilizers there is no point in paying him. They just don't have a clue unfortunately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.