23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
G

·
eric,I've been following your progress on the other BB and it's convinced me to get the tapes. I've asked Santa for them for Christmas.
Can't wait!DanaS

G

·
I'm trying hypnotherapy too! And it is great so far - I really think it will help - espeicially if you have ibs that is triggered by stress and getting a knotted up stomach.read eric's post.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G

·
Eric,well I really didn't believe in hypnosis as didn't like the idea of someone else being in control of my mind BUT I must admit that I was almost sold on the idea of these tapes, until this AM when I heard on the radio that one woman's hypnotist had her believeing for three (3)years that she was pregnant. she really believed that she was carrying a child inside of her.So in other words I would thinking I was doing OK but I would still smell bad.
I had the IBS problem before I had this nervous, anxious, stressful feelingsSo I really doubt that the tapes will help me.Think I will just put my faith in God and keep my $$ in my pocket
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD[This message has been edited by Joyce (edited 12-08-1999).]

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joyce, I would be concerned too after hearing that on the radio unfortunetly not every practioner knows what there doing,but let me address some of your concerns regarding this, you are always in control of your mind using the tapes, it is not like the stage hypnotherapists on TV or anything and Mike has many years of experience with IBS. They work more on suggestion to the concious and sub-concious mind and you are always in control and relaxed to move around and get comfortable or move if you have an emergency. If you ever email Mike he will address any concerns you may have also, he is very thourough.I know I may sound like a broken record repeating that they are working beyond my expectations, but I have to say they are the best thing that I have ever done for my IBS,I am finally seeing great results and its not froms all the meds I have taken over the years which only masked my problems, this is getting to the core of the thought processes and I no longer wake up first thing with my gut in pain which I did for,well as long as I can remember over twenty five years.As far as what you heard on the radio,obviously that person was not a good hypnotherapist, like some doctors are not good doctors and this is very important to find either the right doctor or hypnotherapist. Right now if anyone asked me what to do for their IBS(after diagnoses) I would tell them to go for the hypnotherapy bar none. There is no fiber,medication,or other cure so far that has been this effective, even lotronex could have side effects and will only be partly effective to the whole population.There are a lot of people trying this right now and I will keep you updated on how these people progress.I have a theory that this is actually working on the chemical-electrical level of IBS,as all thoughts create a responce(negitive thoughts-negative responce-positive thoughts-positive responce)and the relaxation I can achieve and call up on command now is to positive for me not to share with my fellow IBSers. If something wasn't safe or didn't work I would be the first to steer people away from it as I don't want to see anyone suffer more then we already are,but having concerns is the right way to think and if anyone has a question you can email me. ------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Hi Joyce.thaks for your posting and thanks too to Eric for his response. I acknowledge your concerns and the therapist you mention should in my view should be banned form practice for ever.One has to ask th equestion, why would anyone want to do such a thing?, keep a patient for 3 years - presumabley money.If you do not feel comfortable with hypnosis, although it doesn't suprise me given the example you quote - then as you say keep your $$$ in your pocket.But before you make a judgement - Eric is right there is good and bad, ethical and not in all professions. But sadly its not th egood ones you hear of, its the type you quoted, and you hear of them becuase it doesn't make good new helping people.Hypnotherapy - if conducted and progressed in the right hands is a wonderful tool.In addition to my work with IBS patients I help people with MS, Cancer pain, Parkinsons Diisease, Help people to recover quicker after operations, help mums to have more comfortable births,and I could go on, but that is the type or work I get involved in.I'm not in it for a quick buck either. I am pressuered by distributors and others to put the tapes up in price to 'really make a profit", but why shoudl I price people out of the oppertunity to help themselves and just allow the wealthy to be able to afford what I do? As a Professional Clinical Hypnotherapist I refuse to held to market forces. I do hope that this has not come over aggressively, but what does annoy me, is that hypnotist that you quote, not only damaged the lady you quote, but also blackens the name of the profession, and even more seriously, discourages sufferers to try an avenue of help, which could prove beneficial to them. while I understand your reticense, I wonder how many other sufferers will think the same way?I wish you well, and hope you find a solution that is comfortable for you.RegardsMike

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump!

G

·
Hi Mike,I had the IBS gas problem before I had the nervousness and anxiouity and the wanting not to have to leave the house. I would say that hypnotism can help the mind problems but I don't think it could get rid of a disease. If I could get rid of the gas thing, I could go on with my life and be the happy go lucky, out going person I use to be. but can't take the social rejection of how it is now.Knowing Jesus as my Lord and Saviour has been what has helped me get thru this whole thing.Many times I have wanted to end it all but because of what HE did for me. I am still here. ------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joyce, I have to say that I am finding a 80% improvement in my symptoms after about thirty or so days on the tapes. I did not think it possible that they would actually cure the IBS, but I am rethinking this as I think it is actually getting to how the seratonin is being released from the brain gut. Again, I have a severe case of IBS for over twenty years, twenty nine to be exact and did not think it possible to feel this much better.It is up to you of course to try this if you wish,but I am gonna scream it from the rooftops,my symptoms have improved,bloating,spasms,gas,and a total relaxation in my mind and stomach that I can't remember ever feeling I have had this so long. Like what you said "I am willing to try anything" and this is how I felt, I was ready to try voodoo dolls if it would have helped, and I am just amazed at the fact that this is what is helping more then any medication or anything else I have ever done. Have you read the other URl threads I posted.This is the closes I have ever been to cured and the fact that it isn't on drugs thrills me no end, as I was always in a daze on anti-depressants and also had suicidal thoughts, but all this is history now.It doesn't mean you can't put your hands in God,but you can also help yourself while doing so.I only say this to help.Mike your the man, as far as I am concerned.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Hi,Eric many thanks for your sharing your findings with us, I'm really pleased that you are finding the process effective, in the past I have had patients come to me, with all symptoms gone, but they kept their appointment, because they wanted to say thanks. That is the bit that makes me do what I do, seeing the difference in people.While not all will walk away from the symptoms, nor will the tapes suit everybody, however I have been monitoring my processes now for over 8 years, the program for 3, and am sure the vast majority of users will benefit. Again many thanks, you are well respected on both BB, your comments carry weight and may help others to decide to to try them.Joyce:I do understand how dreadful this condition is. Mind and body work together, conscious and subconscious can work together. Eric is not only seeing and feeling the benefits, but understanding this link between our thoughts and our bodies.I would never try and persuade anyone to buy the program, it has to be an individual decision . .but very often patients come to me as a last resort . and end up wishing they had done it years ago, but they might have seen the stage shows and sensational headlines which stopped them from looking into an avenue of help that could change their lives.A good example of just how strong an effect the mind can have on the body, is Phantom Pregnancy.The womans periods stop, they get physical morning sickness, lactation starts, tummy bloats, yet no baby! Its just the effect of the thoughts on the body.Hypnotherapy by a qualified, expereinced professional is completly safe. The problem is finding one! The audio program will still be around in years to come, you may think differently about hypnosis in the future, but if the time is not right at the moment that's fine, you know your own needs best.I wish you all the best, and if there is anything I can answer for you on this BB or directly, please let me know.Best regardsMike

G

·
Hi MG,The quick answer is yes.Primary Forgut Motility Disorder, the alternation between C - D type IBS, responds to the hypnotherapy processes, becuase we use a gentle process that helps to take control of the digestion, speeding it up or slowing it down, by using our thoughts and retraining them.If you have followed Eric and his postings, that what he is finding. By changing our thoughts, we change the way the body functions, and also help reduce anxiety, stress, some forms of depression, while building up confidence, determination and resolve.Encouraging positive thoughts to be the norm, rather than negative, even though we don't think negatively intentionally.One becomes 'programmed' with negative thoughts, worrying about the future, rather than thinking in 'the now'.But just as we learn to think negatively, and we do learn, becuase we aren't born that way ... we can re-learn to think positive thoughts, which make our bodies function differently, makes us more mentally alert, and physically more comfortable.If I can help further please let me know,RegardsMike

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bump! I am also posting a new thread on this from a fellow BB member. But will post it here as well. This is from Guy and thanks GUY
!Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1996 Feb;10(1):91-5 Symptomatology, quality of life and economic features of irritable bowel syndrome--the effect of hypnotherapy. Houghton LA, Heyman DJ, Whorwell PJ Department of Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester, UK. AIMS: The purposes of this study were to quantify the effects of severe irritable bowel syndrome on quality of life and economic functioning, and to assess the impact of hypnotherapy on these features. METHODS: A validated quality of life questionnaire including questions on symptoms, employment and health seeking behaviour was administered to 25 patients treated with hypnotherapy (aged 25-55 years; four male) and to 25 control irritable bowel syndrome patients of comparable severity (aged 21-58 years; two male). Visual analogue scales were used and scores derived to assess the patients' symptoms and satisfaction with each aspect of life. RESULTS: Patients treated with hypnotherapy reported less severe abdominal pain (P < 0.0001), bloating (P < 0.02), bowel habit [P < 0.0001), nausea [P < 0.05), flatulence (P < 0.05), urinary symptoms [P < 0.01), lethargy [P < 0.01), backache [P = 0.05) and dyspareunia (P = 0.05) compared with control patients. Quality of life, such as psychic well being (P < 0.0001), mood [P < 0.001), locus of control [P < 0.05), physical well being (P < 0.001) and work attitude [P < 0.001) were also favourably influenced by hypnotherapy. For those patients in employment, more of the controls were likely to take time off work (79% vs. 32%; p = 0.02) and visit their general practitioner ( 58% vs. 21%; P = 0.056) than those treated with hypnotherapy. Three of four hypnotherapy patients out of work prior to treatment resumed employment compared with none of the six in the control group. CONCLUSION: This study has shown that in addition to relieving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, hypnotherapy profoundly improves the patients' quality of life and reduces absenteeism from work. It therefore appears that, despite being relatively expensive to provide, it could well be a good long-term investment. -------------------------------------------- To sum up, this research is consistent with the view that hypnotherapy may be a useful treatment option for IBS.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Just a quick note.The December Discount applied to the IBS Audio Program 100 has been extended until 14th January 2000.See Erics Website for details.Regards to allMike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.