Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the homeopathy prescribed by the Chinese doctor in Houston. It really did make a difference, however, I need to watch my finances so when my income improves I will definitely go back to him. Yesterday I was told about an herb for chronic diarrhea and started drinking the tea yesterday. It requires 8 cups a day to start and then 4 a day after a while. It actually tastes pleasant. I found a site that has some info on it. This is not where I purchased it. Hope this tea gets great results and also hope it helps others. I am always looking for ways to heal. This herb is called Tlanchichinole, from the Mexican forest area.Species With Uses nonMaderables in Tropical and Subtropical Forests in the States of Durango, Chihuahua, Jalisco, Michoacán, Guerrero and Oaxaca -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Deppeana Kohleria (Schltdl. ET Cham.) Fritsch FAMILY: GESNERIACEAE SYNONYMY: Deppeana Gesneria Schltdl. ET Cham. Umbellata Columnea Bertol. Moussonia costaricensis Klotzsch ex- Oersted Isoloma deppeanum Hemsl. Gesneria lasiantha Zucc. Deppeana Kohleria to var. lasiantha Fritsch. NAME (S) COMMON (IT IS): Tlachichinole. Tlanchichinole, tochimitillo, tlachichinoa, tochomitl. DESCRIPTION: Usually turgid shrub or sufruticosas grass of up to 2 ms of stop, the stems sometimes weak and reclined in other plants or slope of escarpaduras or hills, the densely viloso-tomentosas branches with extended or subadpresos, often reddish hairs; leaves in usually short pecíolos, rarely somewhat extended, the laminae of a more or less unequal, oblong-lanceoladas pair to oblong-ovadas, most of 5-17 acuminadas cm in length, obtuse or acute in the base and often oblique, the margins crenados to sawn, densely and smoothly pilosas to velutinosas in both surfaces with extended or adpresos multiseptados hairs, pale by down, the often reddish coast and veins to brown; pedúnculos most of 3-8 cm in length, vilosos, with 3-4 flowers, the flowers in vilosos pedicelos or pilósulo of 1-3 cm in length, the pedicelos subtended by a pair of brácteas lineares or closely oblanceoladas; chalice densely I cut-viloso or pilósulo with extended or adpresos hairs, hipanto turbinado, of 2-3 mm in length in the antesis, the triangular and commonly widely or closely acute lobes, sometimes recurvados of 2-4 mm in length, but frequently being done steeply subulados in the apex, then of 3-6 mm in length; corola of 2-2,5 cm in length (rarely of 3 cm), red red-orange brilliant or by outside and densely pilósulos with reddish, yellow hairs on the inside, the lobes marked with red on the inside; estambres I cut-exsertos; pubescente style; capsule of 6-9 mm in length, densely pubescente. USES:Medicinal: Its use in the treatment of backache is recommended. It is used for vaginal washings in case of leucorrea and other flows. In order to cure some gastrointestinales diseases, mainly gastric ulcer in its beginnings, as well as certain forms of chronic diarrea. In order to wash the sores. HABITAT: Weeds in humid places, mixed forest or of pine, sometimes in argillaceous hills or sandy banks near creeks and rivers, rarely in bogs. Usually of 1200 - 2700 m snm, but sometimes from the 500 ms snm. HANDLING: The plant of collects in the sites of natural distribution of the species. Due to the medicinal use it is regulated by the Official Norm Mexicana NOM-007-RECNAT-1997. COMMERCIALIZATION: DISTRIBUTION: Oaxaca: Mpio. Hidalgo pen, San Pedro the Stop. Dto. Pochutla. BIBLIOGRAPHY: 59, 76, 110.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm confused.Chinese herbal medicine is typically not homeopathy at all in any way.It isn't fair to call all herbal medicine homeopathy. The vast majority of herbal medicine is not homeopathy. The tea sound much more like standard issue herbal mediine than the homeopathic version of alternative medicine.If it were homeopathic it would CAUSE diarrhea not cure it. Homeopathic is dosing you with something that CAUSES the same symptoms, not something that cures them directly.K.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That sounds down right frightening. I am so tired of witch doctors selling garbage to people with no regard for their safety. I know that IBS is a terrible sickness but we cannot get so discouraged that we throw caution to the wind and take things that have not been approved by the FDA for good reason. These people want to make money and they do not care what it takes to get it.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well I'm not sure I'd call this doctor a witch doctor (I'm assuming they are a real chinese tradional medical doctor who is prescribing an herbal remedy some of which do actually work when tested).Homeopathic remedies cause the symptom at full dose, but are given at highly diluted doses (usually diluted out of existance, but in any case even when less diluted they are not at a dose that would cause the symptom).It would be nice to get all the herbal medicines tested, but I am certain the FDA will never get the power to regulate them. Because everytime anything comes up the people scream you will need a prescription to get every single vitamin (even when regulating vitamins like that is not what the bill actually says) and then it gets so much pressure that no congress person will pass it. No one wants to take vitamin C away from anyone.I have a fair amount of respect for real Traditional Chinese medicine (and hope that a fully trained, etc practioner is who they are seeing). A lot of it does work, most of it is safe (usually the stuff that isn't safe is stuff that someone put something nasty in that is not normally part of the remedy). There are a few peeps out there that sell the bad stuff, but most are really out to try to help people. Even the western trained doctor I met from China typically use the TCM home remedies rather than the western equivalent for most minor ailments. After all Tiger Balm has the same herbs in it Absorbine Jr. or Icy Hot or anything like that has in it.Just trying to say not all of it has to be evil, and I'm not sure where in what was posted you saw something so frightening
I do agree that the industry needs more regulation. Especially when you hear things like the latest herbal sexual enhancement stuff that was found to contain the prescripiton medications they supposedly replace with all natural herbs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to confuse the issue. I had tried homeopathy from a very reputable Chinese doctor here in Houston. Yes, it is unusual, but I highly recommend him if anyone can afford it.Now to save on my budget and try something else I am doing an herb recommended by a lady that I met which had seen some good results with other issues using this herb. We are just trying for now. I will report back if it is working for me. I am just sharing my experience and hoping it will help someone else. We are all looking for answers. I hope we find them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Kathleen M.:Well I'm not sure I'd call this doctor a witch doctor (I'm assuming they are a real chinese tradional medical doctor who is prescribing an herbal remedy some of which do actually work when tested).Homeopathic remedies cause the symptom at full dose, but are given at highly diluted doses (usually diluted out of existance, but in any case even when less diluted they are not at a dose that would cause the symptom).It would be nice to get all the herbal medicines tested, but I am certain the FDA will never get the power to regulate them. Because everytime anything comes up the people scream you will need a prescription to get every single vitamin (even when regulating vitamins like that is not what the bill actually says) and then it gets so much pressure that no congress person will pass it. No one wants to take vitamin C away from anyone.I have a fair amount of respect for real Traditional Chinese medicine (and hope that a fully trained, etc practioner is who they are seeing). A lot of it does work, most of it is safe (usually the stuff that isn't safe is stuff that someone put something nasty in that is not normally part of the remedy). There are a few peeps out there that sell the bad stuff, but most are really out to try to help people. Even the western trained doctor I met from China typically use the TCM home remedies rather than the western equivalent for most minor ailments. After all Tiger Balm has the same herbs in it Absorbine Jr. or Icy Hot or anything like that has in it.Just trying to say not all of it has to be evil, and I'm not sure where in what was posted you saw something so frightening
I do agree that the industry needs more regulation. Especially when you hear things like the latest herbal sexual enhancement stuff that was found to contain the prescripiton medications they supposedly replace with all natural herbs.
I do think that it is frightening to put some freaky unknown plant in or on you just because someone says to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts