Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess if I had it it would be IBS-C although I don't necessarily feel constipated. A little over a year ago I had practically every GI test and they founf nothing. It turned out to be my appendix, endo and adeno. I've had surgery 3 times in the past year and been on all sorts of meds so I'm wondering if my bowels are still adjusting. (Hoping!)Anyway, here are my symptoms. Sometimes I have a good morning BM sometimes not. (Previously that was my usual time) I do ten to have several small BMs throught the day. It's not painful though. I also will sometimes only pass gas, mucus or liquid (soory to be graphic). Anyway, I'm not convinced it's IBS. I started taking Benefiber every morning but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Some days I'm normal and some days I'm not. I've been keeping a food diary since I'm controlling my IC with diet and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas of what this could be? My last surgery was in Feb...a laparascopic hysterectomy. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sounds more like perhaps very mild IBS (or a functional bowel issue that maybe doesn't have all the features of IBS) than anything else. It could just be the intestines needing some time to recover from the various surgeries as they can disrupt the nervous system controlling the gut. Soemtimes the rectum can be sensitive and make you need to go when it really isn't full yet.It doesn't sound like anything more serious than IBS at this time.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.