Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not yet, still waiting
I know that whenever I tell people about foods I can't eat, they always tell me their intolerances.Tuna seems to be mentioned a lot, even by people who don't think they have IBS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi,I have no trouble with tuna,,I think the reason why is it has a oil in it( iforget the name of it)that is supposed to be good for people with IBS I thnk its Omega 3 This is what my doctor told me.As far as the mayo is concerned I think it is up to each person how they can tolerate it...Hope this helps------------CHRIS

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I try not to let one bad day make me associate it with a food - too small a sample size. I've been sick on days when all I've had is plain turkey on white bread. or just yogurt. or nothing. so unless I see a pattern, I just chalk it up to I was going to get sick that day anyway.

G

·
funny you should ask about tuna. I went off it for a while because I thought I had an adverse reaction much like other comments above. However, tried it again and was fine. I found I did much better with fresh tuna I cooked myself [which is not readily available at the market] than the canned stuff. Also, at a restaurant the chef preferred to cook some yellow fin medium rare and I definitely did not enjoy it that way.So it may depend on the source of the tuna and the type of tuna.However, in general I tend to agree with Nmwinter that unless you find a pattern, don't eliminate something on one instance as it could be a completely unrelated reaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.