Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I bet someone with IBS came up with the idea of having a tv in the bathroom. Just think about it, how long does a normal person spend in the bathroom sitting on the can? and what are they thinking about during that time. ut was probably someone thinking "I really should sit here and wait this one out, but im missing <insert tv show here>. If only there was a tv here" and then bam! they moved their tv into their bathroom. What a concept!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cat,The way i deal with university is to learn which classes you can and can't miss. Some of my profs post their notes online so i don't have to go and i feel better knowing that. For the classes i know i have to go to i just plan my whole day around the class to make sure i will be able to sit through it for the whole hour and a half. I am half way done third year one more to go and at times felt like i wasn't going to make it. I used to be an A student but have slipped down to a B/C but am proud for what i had to go through to be here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have handheld games in the bathroom. I play Scrabble, Tetris, Yahtzee, and Poker. If my bathroom was big enough to have a T.V. in it, I would definately consider moving one in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like to read but I feel guilty when I have textbook readings and homework and choose to read other books instead. One good thing about the IBS is that I can read anything I want in the bathroom and not feel guilty about it!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I had to prep for a colonoscopy and it was the night all the new shows were starting. I got a little TV and plugged it in. After several hours the plug got hot and the whole TV stoped working. I burnt it out. Poop

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come to think about it, how else do you people entertain yourself in the bathroom? Count the tiles, read shampoo bottles? guess how many more sheets are left on the toilet paper roll scared ur gonna run out and have to use ur hand?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I'm a proper grown up, I'm def getting a tv in there! Sounds like a great plan. At the moment, when I'm not having major pain, I read. People make fun of me for having a bookshelf in the bathroom, but I don't care.To The Cat - uni was/is a nightmare for me. Managed it by living close and sitting at the nearest chair to the door nearest to the loo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Speaking of uni have any of you ever had to sit through a 3 hour class?? Like a chem lab first thing in the morning, working with dangerous chemicals, and needing your wits about you when you feel chained to the bathroom? Not fun.

·
Registered
120 Posts
lol you guys are too funny! when im in the bathroom, i bring the heater with me, my cell phone to play games and an ipod. how sad is that? i wish i had a little mini laptop or a mini tv so i can occupy myself when im on the throne. On my last vacation, i stayed at some hotel suite, and the bathroom was perfect! let me tell you, i had a tv (with a remote playing hbo and mtv and all that good stuff), a heater for my ass, and a telephone, and a case of magazines. that was a top notch first class bathroom.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have to laugh!! How many times have I been watching my beloved sport of baseball and had to go to the bathroom. I would love to have a TV in the bathroom so I don't miss any of the game. Most of the time, I just play hand held games, do crossword puzzles or read in the bathroom. I used to do my term papers in the old days when there were only manual typewriters. Now than I am an old lady, I don't have to do my homework in the bathroom any more.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have found out that if I close the bedroom door and turn the TV on it's rotating stand, I can see it from the bathroom if I leave the bathroom door open. Hooray!! I won't have to miss any more baseball games!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.