Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I describe as a twisting pain in the lowe right side. I also get this swollen feeling as well. I can feel the gas pass this area and it feel like when it passes it is untwisting. The swollen feeling makes it feel like my bowel is pressing on my hip bone. Does this sound like anything anyone else has had? I'm afraid to move arround much because it gets worse.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sounds familiar. Pretty much any description of pain can be found in IBS (from stabbing to pulling, fullness, burning, aching, etc.)My IBS pain tended to get worse with movement, particularly anything that tightened the abdominal wall (like core exercises or lifting anything up off the floor) or that bounced the abdomen like walking.There really isn't a type of pain that is always something else, but sometimes location, severity or other symptoms may mean it needs to be checked out and not assumed to be IBS. Severe lower right pain that gets better when you push on it and much worse when you let go (rebound pain) especially with a fever may be the appendix is infected and needs to come out. Upper right that is very severe, may go into the right shoulder blade and is usually for many hours straight (like 6-8) after a fatty meal tends to be the gall bladder needs to be checked to see if it has to come out.Unfortunately most other things that cause abdominal pain aren't distinguishable from IBS, so if you've never been diagnosed you should get the pain checked (complete physical, female check ups for those where it applies, and any GI tests you may need). If you have an IBS diagnosis you have to expect some abdominal pain and/or discomfort as pain/discomfort is a symptom that defines what IBS is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts