Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah it happens. But I find things like that to be just normal, as your stomach should twitch, move, etc. more than any other part of your body. I mean if it hurts I guess that's another problem, but if you're concerned about that it should BE.... absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes I feel twitches at times too. It is exactly like the twitches I feel in my legs after I have exercised.. only it's inside my gut somewhere! lolI think it is just part of the visceral hypersensitivty that IBS'ers can be prone too. We may just feel stuff that others don't. And I don't really care about the twitches because they are not painful to me. Hope they don't hurt you too!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree that it's probably part of visceral hypersensitivity. It may be normal in the sense that it is supposed to happen, but we are not supposed to feel it. Before IBS, I never had this sensation, even when under stress, contrary to a lot of articles and experts about IBS that say "everybody" feels "butterflies in the stomach." Now I have it very frequently. It's not painful anymore, and it's not harmful, but it is disconcerting if it goes on for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.