Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dianosed with UC. I just had a major flair up and the new doctor i saw thought maybe something else was going on besides UC. My symtoms are not "common" with UC all the time. only sometimes.I have constipation for days, then its followed by a flushing for days. Then back to consitpation (wicked nasty cycle). Anyway for 24 hour i bleed heavy (rectom) and found myself hosiptial bound again.They did all the tests like last time, and everything came out negitive just like last time. And again they took a Biopsy (just to be sure) i am fairly certain that they will come back saying UC Again. As the pain and flushing shows me that part as not gone away.My qustion here is: Can i have both UC and IBS? and with IBS is there overweight issues? due to the constipation?I am totally perplexed with this whole mess. I hate my stomach/Gut and i cant seem to be stable in which way my gut will go from day to day. flip a coin and wait a day and it will change yet again lol. any information you have to expand my intelligence here will be very helpful.ty very much onerose

G

·
It appears that in some people the inflammation from the UC can cause functional problems. The suggested mechanism is that the nerves in the gut wall get damaged during a flare up. This may be why some people have symptoms even when based on scopes the UC is in remission.Constipation will not make you overweight and IBS is found in people across the whole weight range. K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.