Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say, "You may feel some mild muscle aches in your lower belly." This is not mild... it feels like I've sprained my lower-right tummy!They say, "You may feel awkward and off-balance." Gee, you think? Is that why I can barely move?They say, "You may feel an increased need to urinate." True. Every hour or so. AT least I don't need to exercise... here at work I'm as far away from the bathroom as possible while still being in the building. You should see my calf muscles from all that back-and-forthing...Anyone want to join in?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
One of my friends used to say "you may experience SOME cravings....yeah for everything in sight!"

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ain't that the truth! And then you can't eat what you crave because of the heartburn... (I had never had heartburn before - I had no idea what was going on for the first few days of it!)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I apparently have too much amniotic fluid. Thius in and of itself is not a problem, but it does make me about three weeks more uncomfortable that I should be, as my lungs and tummy get squeezed out...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I actually did sprain my stomach during my first pregnancy. I got very big very fast (looked due at 4 mths) and then allergy season hit. Sneezing while standing - I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Doc said it wouldn't and couldn't heal until after the baby delivered. He was right. I laid down a lot the next several months. I was very sick all through the pregnancy, so it wasn't the only thing slowing me down.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been fairly lucky. I've had just about every minor symptom in the book, but the only major one I've had is anemia. Nothing a few more iron pills won't take care of...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Apparently I "sat" on my Mom's kidney all the way through the pregnancy.
And all of us did something that we tilted Mom's uterus more and more so when #3 came along she was on bed rest.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well I carried so low that I felt like I had pulled a groin muscle from 4 months even though I wasn't big until 7 months...I could barely walk and it was the 4th hottest summer on record.Lets see I also had nauesea and vomiting until 5 months..constipation on and off, hemmies on and off..a urinary tract infection that was torture and I had to go to the emergency room for, hot flashes, night sweats, heartburn...I wonder if there's one symptom I didn't have?Also as he dropped lower I got terrible backache and pressure on my sciatic nerve that occasionally made my leg go numb..oh joy.On the bright side I had a short labour and did not even know I was in real labour until I was at 5cm!Get ready for some sleep depravation just when you need to recover from the birth! But he is all worth it..once you see the little guy or gal you will be happy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here's a piece of advice...If you will be breastfeeding start condioning your nipples..I wish I had (ouch). Use only 100% lanolin on them and nothing else. Lanisoh is one brand that I use and works after the fact, but I've read you can avoid sore nipples if you use it before you have the baby!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's sporadic for me as yet... but my low back and hips have ached all day today.And who said Braxton-Hicks contractions were painless? They were lyyyyyyiiiinnnnggggg! Feels just like menstrual cramping.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Poor JennT
Sounds like BabyT is getting restless. The countdown is on for you and two other friends. A third friend had her little boy two weeks early. Cute lil' bugger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.