Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had an ultrasound to rule the other possibilities out. They checked out my liver, and checked for stones in my gallbladder and all that stuff that is in you. When I asked for the results they would not tell me but told me to contact my doctor. Does this mean there is something seriously wrong? Help!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most generally...this is "common procedure". They never tell you the results of anything...they always say "your doctor will tell you". So it doesn't mean that there is something wrong...they just never tell you. And chances are...they probably don't really know it everything is "all right" or not. They just do the testing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most generally...this is "common procedure". They never tell you the results of anything...they always say "your doctor will tell you". So it doesn't mean that there is something wrong...they just never tell you. And chances are...they probably don't really know it everything is "all right" or not. They just do the testing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi BluesCluesThis is commonm practice in Canada and probably most place. The person doing the lab work is just a technician and despite the fact that they are quite experienced and probably can recognize things right away, I think they are not allowed to tell you anything good or bad. They have to leave that to your doctor. I have had two US and both times I tried to pry for info and they wouldn't say anything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi BluesCluesThis is commonm practice in Canada and probably most place. The person doing the lab work is just a technician and despite the fact that they are quite experienced and probably can recognize things right away, I think they are not allowed to tell you anything good or bad. They have to leave that to your doctor. I have had two US and both times I tried to pry for info and they wouldn't say anything.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You lie there. They put a gell on your stomach abdomen which feels a little warm. The ask you to breath, hold release which there run a probe around looking at your liver, pancreas, kidney's etc. It doesn't hurt at all. Actually the breathing you have to do for them almost puts you to sleep.For IBS symptoms I think it is one of the easier tests that the GP perscribes along with the blood work and stool analysis before then send you off to a GI doc. I don't know if it is all the useful for those reporting IBS symptoms, but it is easy first test to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You lie there. They put a gell on your stomach abdomen which feels a little warm. The ask you to breath, hold release which there run a probe around looking at your liver, pancreas, kidney's etc. It doesn't hurt at all. Actually the breathing you have to do for them almost puts you to sleep.For IBS symptoms I think it is one of the easier tests that the GP perscribes along with the blood work and stool analysis before then send you off to a GI doc. I don't know if it is all the useful for those reporting IBS symptoms, but it is easy first test to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.