Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of ya'll experience C and illness followed by going very very little and often? Also with it just being difficult to pass? There is a bit of blood as well. I am getting more and more concerned. I don't know how to make this better and get it out of my system. And talk about painful when I finally go.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
karrietex, blood is NOT a symptom of IBS and should be checked out by your doctor.Not eating in four days stresses digestion badly.From what you wrote here it does not sound like c, but more like d and you have the urge, although with not eating enough you don't go and when you do its very little, due to the lack of food perhaps.There is also incomplete evacuation in some people and that might be the feeling you have.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
karrietex, blood in the stool is a red flag symptom and is not an IBS symptom, and should be checked out by your doctor. The cause of IBS does not cause bleeding!!!!!!!You may here people talk about hemmerroids sometimes or related problems.They actually know quite a bit about IBS and it has been studied it pretty extensively in the last five years especially.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
karrietex, its important you find out why you have bleeding. Have you had all the tests done for IBS and been diagnose with IBS?It could be hemmies or a fissure or something, but when ever there is blood or a fever its needs to be checked. IBS is a misfunctioning bowel with no sign of organic disease. Blood is a symptom of a real problem and something is causing the bleeding, but due to the nature of IBS it does not physically cause bleeding, so it needs to be checked out. It may be something like I said , hemmies or wiping to much ect.. but it should concern you if you don't know why its happening.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Karritex,It is important to know where the blood is coming from. Is there a lot of blood? If it is in your stool, I can't say I've had this, but if it isn't in the stool but you see it on the TP, there is a good chance that straining may have caused this. After not being able to go, the stool is hard, and possibly tears something. (I have experienced this bleeding before) As for not being able to go, I can say that Perdiem works well. Although I am 100% IBS-C, I get D if I take a full teaspoon as suggested. 1/2 teaspoon (a little less than I need, but worry about D) does the trick. It typically works within 12 hours as advertised, so I usually take it after work so I know I'll be home when it kicks in. Kari

1 - 7 of 7 Posts