Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After suffering with IBSD and then IBSA following some dodgy strawberries a number of years ago I seem to have gotten the everyday situations under control. Here's how in case it helps anyone! I drink a Vitality every morning and then have cereal for breakfast (no milk). Mid morning 1 apple. Lunch grapes or an apple and a granola bar or small sandwich of ham or crisps. Tea something home cooked - fajitas, curry, roast dinner, chicken breast with salad or on a wholegrain bun easy to cook foods really. Since discovering my daughter was lactose intolerant we have lactose free cheese at home - never realised that regular cheese often gave me stomach ache. I rarely eat ready meals now - last time I had one I had stomach ache all night. I was never a big takeaway fan but do miss KFC although last time I had one I got bad trapped wind. Cooking at home and eating less and more regularly has seen me have 1 IBSD attack this year, shift a few extra pounds and feel healthier. Regular exercise helps - if I miss gym sessions my stomach feels sluggish.My advice needed bit - I am going on holiday next week and have not flwon in recent memory without a D attack. I'm not a keen flier and I find all the passport, tickets, have I forgotten stuff stressful?! I am starting to tale Calms tablets in the hope they help. Does anyone have any ideas? I have taken Immodium a couple of times this year when out on work events as a precautionary measure but find even one in the morning can cause C for a couple of days. I won't risk going to the airport without taking one but is there a way of getting over the C afterwards?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
This may be a little late for next week, but have you tried Linda's Calcium protocol? I had to stop my normal supplement for a couple of weeks and found it pretty quick in drying things up. Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last summer I did try something with calcium but to no avail; mind you I tried everything last year and gave up thinking I'd just have to live with periodic problems. A change in diet to help us eat healthier as a family and to cut dairy out from my daughter's diet led me to managing my symptoms by accident. It was only mid Feb when I realised I'd had no incidents that I noticed the diet changes had led to digestion changes. I'm not keen on changing anything at the moment and when we go out to eat I sick to things that have been tolerated in the past. We have a BBQ party this weekend and i will just eat one hot dog and a few crisps as that has been fine before - means declining yummy things but I'm not taking risks at the moment!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A couple things on the over constipating.You might want to do a few trials before hand to get the right combo.1. See if you can get the child's liquid and take less than the adult dose (if you get tablets you can cut them as well, but if you et soft gels you can't. Not sure what options are available in these pills.2. Keep hydrated. Airplane travel tends to dehydrate people. If you don't have enough water you will pull more out of the stool than usua.3. See if you balance it out with a bit of fiber to keep things going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.