Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I"ve been lurking around this board for awhile now but this is my first post. It's good to know that I'm not the only one out there with gas issues. Anyway, I have had rectal gas problems for awhile now and have been desperately looking for ways to get rid of it. Well, 23 medicines and numerous diets later nothing has worked for me and it's driving me crazy. Anyway, I heard about this underwear product called "under-ease" over the newsradio(it was an actual news story from the Associated Press, not a commercial: http://1010wins.com/StoryFolder/story_55423947_html) and I was wondering if anyone else here has ever used it? I ordered mine from the company but I was wondering if anyone else here has had any experience with them? I tried doing a search for it on this site, but didn't pull up anything. Any comments would be helpful. O, by the way, if you're curious, here is their website: http://www.under-tec.com/ thanks everyone. Bye.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooops. Sorry everyone. I just tried the news link above and it didnt work. Here's the AP story:Fighting Odors Where the Sun Don't Shine June 15, 2001 4:22 pm (Pueblo, Colorado-AP) -- It could become one of the most popular inventions that will never see the light of day.Buck Weimer of Pueblo, Colorado, has come up with Under-Ease -- airtight underwear with a replaceable charcoal filter to remove those bad-smelling gases caused by flatulence.The underwear has elastic around the waist and both legs.The filter is made of charcoal sandwiched between two layers of Australiansheep's wool.Weimer says he came up with the idea after a night spent under the covers withhis wife as she suffered from flatulence caused by a bowel problem. He says helay there, "suffering silently."The underwear costs just under 25 dollars, with a couple of replacement filters running another ten.The company's motto: "Wear them for the ones you love." (Copyright 2001 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)The story is located on this website: www.1010wins.com (If you punch in "flatulence underwear" under their search link, the story should show up.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops. Sorry everyone. I just tried the news link above and it didnt work. Here's the AP story:Fighting Odors Where the Sun Don't Shine June 15, 2001 4:22 pm (Pueblo, Colorado-AP) -- It could become one of the most popular inventions that will never see the light of day.Buck Weimer of Pueblo, Colorado, has come up with Under-Ease -- airtight underwear with a replaceable charcoal filter to remove those bad-smelling gases caused by flatulence.The underwear has elastic around the waist and both legs.The filter is made of charcoal sandwiched between two layers of Australiansheep's wool.Weimer says he came up with the idea after a night spent under the covers withhis wife as she suffered from flatulence caused by a bowel problem. He says helay there, "suffering silently."The underwear costs just under 25 dollars, with a couple of replacement filters running another ten.The company's motto: "Wear them for the ones you love." (Copyright 2001 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)The story is located on this website: www.1010wins.com (If you punch in "flatulence underwear" under their search link, the story should show up.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bumblebee , I'm also interested by this product and hope that there will be some replies to this topic from anyone else in the B.B which has ever used it ...It could be , if it's true , a very good response to manage our social life in a better way : more relax and less stressed ...I'm IBS mostly C with also D , and as well as many others GAS IS A VERY DIFFICULT PROBLEM TO MANAGE ...- Bertrand -

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumblebee , I'm also interested by this product and hope that there will be some replies to this topic from anyone else in the B.B which has ever used it ...It could be , if it's true , a very good response to manage our social life in a better way : more relax and less stressed ...I'm IBS mostly C with also D , and as well as many others GAS IS A VERY DIFFICULT PROBLEM TO MANAGE ...- Bertrand -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts