Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more convinced than ever that I can't digest complex carbs'. tried cream of rice again, 3 mornings in a row, Last couple mornings all the old IBS symptoms coming right back, acid D , gas and rumbles. This has got to be my major problem , starchs. I wish I could get some hard evidence from science how or why this has happened. Unfortunatly once you get labeled "IBS" the searching stops and we all get lumped together like this. Medical technogloy fails once again. Bah.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi Blair, I have an older medical book kicking around from when My kids were small and according to that there definitely is such a thing a starch intolderence, its symptoms resemble that of celiac disease, D, bloating ect., I don't know if this helps but it wouldn't hurt to check it out some more.sickofsick

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks eric, been there, done that. BTW whats IBS? Or what I really mean to say is we all have IBS until a more specific cause is found. So I have IBS just like you except...Mine gets much better with diet, I believe you used relaxation tapes? We need sub-groups beyond the C and D. I'm in the Carbo intolerant group I guess. And until a more specific cause is found this is were I will remain I suppose. Fiber is not a cure all that doctors would hope it is! Sinclair diet and SCD diet also address this starch intolerance as well as the yeast books. All I believe are circling some elusive truth not yet uncovered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts