Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about something....I had a very highfat meal tonight, and within an hour later I had to run to the bathroom...loose stool but not D..and I noticed undigested bits of the pasta in there. I don't understand it since I haven't had pasta in a month, so it must have been this meal right? I didn't know food could pass though you that quick? Guess it was too much fat for me to handle in one meal LOL
Any ideas on why this went through so quick?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Happens to me too, but I don't know whats really happening inside. I think you could refer to a prev discussion on this in one of the mssgs a few days ago, I remember there was quite some talk there.Just assuring you that it happens more than often, hope things get better for you soon! May god bless you!

G

·
I think certain foods (if you system doesn't like it) can pass through rather rapidly. I noticed that with Corn. Speaking of which, does anyone know how long it normally takes food from the time you eat it to pass through you?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:So its normal for this to happen less than an hour after the meal????
No, it's part of IBS, but it was not what you ate though. That was still in the stomach.
quote:Speaking of which, does anyone know how long it normally takes food from the time you eat it to pass through you?
Varies with the food, but generally one to three days.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flux- its weird because I haven't had pasta in over a month. Just last night before I had that problem..could it go through that fast?? I can't think of anything else to explain that.Thanks

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
The 13-25 hour range sounds like made up numbers. Anyway, it's hard to imagine how it could go through so quickly unless you had a (temporary) gastroenteritis.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doctors know more than I do, I guess, and tell me it's not possible for food to pass through me as fast as it does, but...I could swear that on my really bad days it's only a matter of hours before I see elements of recent meals again. Lettuce, sesame seeds, nuts, some other vegetables.IBS-D works in mysterious ways, I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.