Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I'm in the right place to complain about the fact that there are times where it just feels like you are back to square one and you haven't made ANY progress in getting your symptoms under control.

So, it's been about a year since I've actually been diagnosed with IBS-D and it's been a long journey of adjusting my diet and seeing great results, then somehow fucking it up and changing my diet again and seeing good results and now I've been having flare-ups on the daily for almost a week.

What do you find helps when it seems like you've literally changed nothing about your diet but suddenly everything is going all wrong??

I've been sick with a cold for the past week and I know stress can be a part of flare-ups but it never before seemed like stress induced symptoms for me in the past.

Help...just seeking reassurance...so frustrated and at a loss at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel your pain. Im on week 3 of a flare up and Im so aggravated. Took hyosciamine and it helped. Stopped taking it, cramping went away and I was doing much better for the past 5 days and then today it hit me hard again. Now Im on Librax and hopefully it will help. But I really understand how you feel. Sorry that youre going through this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thats my story too I take a diet , slowly improve then I screw it up eating something frbidden only because I feel ok and wanted to test my resistance but next day I get a flare up and now Im getting flare ups even when Im having a very strict diet. and the symptoms are lasting 4 days and counting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.