Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I haven't posted since making the decision to discontinue the anti-depressant med, Effexor XR, and wanted to let you all know that I did try to wean off the med, as my doctor and I discussed ... but the time frame wasnt enough for me.After the last pill was gone, I was in bad shape....after two days with no pills....I was not functioning at all. Because everyone is different, it is a guessing game coming off of these meds...but I suppose "nothing ventured, nothing gained".I am taking the lowest possible dose (37.5mg) every OTHER day.....within a couple of weeks...I will take the pill every third day.....until finally -- I feel I can come off of it totally. Hopefully, using this method, my body will adjust better.I felt terrible about not achieving my goal of being Effexor free by the holidays...but I couldn't go on feeling the way I was.I am hanging in there and still have the same end goal -- will just take a little longer to get there!I can feel a difference in my gut with the lower dose of medicine....it is going back to its old self -- which I dont like one bit.I got out Mikes tapes to help me get through my rough patch. I hope things continue to get better!Happy Holidays to you all.Michelle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
michelle, i hope you are feeling better.And i pray for your recovery. May i ask why you are getting off the drug??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi Michelle,It was very generous of you to post your Effexor withdrawl experiences for the others like myself to see. I'm sorry to hear of your minor setbacks,however I'm sure you will eventually succeed in your ultimate goal of being free of the med altogether. Good luck to you!
------------------John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For those of you wondering why I am discontinuing the medication, its because my husband and I would like to have a baby...and I have to be Effexor free for that
Michelle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.