Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some weeks ago about purposely dehydrating myself as a method of getting rid of the bacteria/yeast species that's overgrowth causes IBS/IBD/Chrones/etc... I have definitely been making good progress.

My theory is that gut diseases (and probably even other diseases) are created by making a hospitable environment inside you for improper species of bacteria, yeasts, and protozoa. I am a gourmet mushroom farmer and understand the relationship among bacteria and yeasts, and what causes beneficial species to thrive while parasitic/competitive species die or can't germinate. We live in a culture today where it is common to have large beverages with or without meals, to drink recreationally instead of when we are actually parched. Also I believe it is a myth that you need 8 glasses of water a day, unless you are exercising heavily, and even then I would not suggest drinking plain water unless necessary.

All those fluids do not get flushed out of the body and you will retain that water in you gut, organs, muscles, and skin. Obese people have the highest amount of fluids usually because their diet is high in soda pop and "Juicy" double cheeseburgers,etc.. This is why workouts that make you sweat hard (Ala Richard Simmons) make fat people lose weight fast at the start, same with how contestants lose weight fast at the start of The Biggest Loser. All that water though is like a wet compost pile inside your gut. Bacteria and yeast explode in numbers when they have a large food supply of carbs/proteins/fats/sugars, extra heat, and especially extra water--- as water is the most needed ingredient for microbiological cell division. Also water raises the Ph of your insides because it thins out the stomach acid. These conditions create the perfect home for too much microbiological activity and the extra critters eat and tear at your insides. As time goes on and you keep doing the same thing the disease progresses. I had a cousin that had IBS, then intestinal cysts, then chrones, then died of his bowels literally bursting inside him. If you don't do anything to turn the trend around it gets ugly.

So the solution to reduce the microbiological activity to normal levels and proper species is to dry your insides out, creating a lower Ph environment and lower available fluid for organisms to consume. For the past 2 weeks I have been having a small cup of coffee in the morning with or without breakfast, 1/2cup nondiet soda with lunch, and 1/2cup nondiet soda with dinner. Sugary soda is important because it both lowers Ph and very high sugar content reduces bacterial/yeast growth. That is why honey keeps forever. At night I will let myself have a cup of milk and some snacks like cottage cheese, apple, etc. I found that yogurt and other probiotic foods will make me gassier and I don't believe they are the cure but rather a prevention once your insides have fully healed.

For these two weeks I have had not a single episode of percolating painful gas in my stomach and intestines which I normally do. If i eat a larger meal or drink to much fluid I will still get some bloating but as long as I dont eat or drink anymore it goes away in about 10min. To control the craving for water, etc.. I have a cup of ice water i swish in my mouth and spit back in the cup or sink, then refresh the cup when it gets too spitty. I really feel I have made huge progress in ending this disease and I want you all to take me dead serious that we can beat it and many other diseases just by dehydrating safely. So far I still get cottonmouth without swishing water but i make plenty of saliva when I put food in my mouth. I recommend hard candy too as it gets saliva going. My skin has been very dry and I have to use lotion on my hands to prevent knuckles cracking. However, i believe we just have to dry ourselves out to the point of proper organism levels and all your insides have healed, then you can go back to drinking fluids in moderation.

Some days I skip breakfast or lunch as I am trying to get my bodyweight down to 170 from 185. I have lost 70lbs in the past year and half (good for me!). To beat IBS, etc I believe you have to get your body fat under control as well as the larger you are the harder it is to oxygenate your tissues (air to body mass ratio) and high oxygen content favors proper organism species inside you. I was exercising hard for several weeks prior to this experiment but I found that extra exercise really aggravated my IBS symptoms, so atm I rather diet to lose weight.

A few days ago I had a couple small glasses of wine and it burned and gave me a terrible hangover, so I agree that alcohol is bad for IBS, etc.. I thought that alcohol might help dehydrate but as I learned from reading it is only a diuretic if your body has no tolerance to it.

I will reply to this post with updates on how things are going.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some more things I should mention... My diet consist mostly of meat cheese and carbs, and I do try to eat fewer vegetables while I have this disease as they still promote extra gas. Food like pasta has a lot of hidden water too. I fixed some freezer bag Bird's Eye alfredo pasta last night and it had lots of broccoli, peas, and carrots in it. It made me a little more gassy but for the most part if I just stick to small amounts of soda, coffee, and milk even onions aren't a problem. I said I drink 1/2cup soda which I really mean 1/2can of soda. But if you can manage to drink even less go for it.

My urine still has not got dark yellow, and even if it did I don't believe yellow pee is a sign of dangerous dehydration. I get much of my info on dehydrating from watching mixed martial arts fighters like in the UFC cut 20lbs or more of water weight just weeks before a fight. Of course they are sweating much of it out and pushing to a near dangerous limit, but it goes to show you how much water you can lose and still be safe. Bad headaches are really the only good sign of over dehydration. Don't cut too many calories at once when reducing fluids, as you can get lightheaded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.