Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had much chance to post here lately, but I wanted to fire off a quick update on mysituation.I started using Ibsacol for my IBS-D a few months ago; I was amazed by the-rapid- improvement I saw in terms of stopping the diarrhea--I actually became constipated,which is NOT something I normally experience! With Dianne's (from the makers ofIbsacol) help, I worked on adjusting the dose to try to find a happy medium--controlling thediarrhea yet not causing constipation. Things were rolling along, and I really felt that for thefirst time I had found something that was going to work, but then I ran into a VERY, verystressful period (one thing after another, including a pet's death, a friend's spouse's death,another friend's bout with breast cancer, and several other big things). I've always knownthat my IBS is stress-related (I don't believe stress CAUSES my IBS, but it definitely doesexacerbate it), and this particularly stressful period proved just how tied together they are.I had numerous bouts (several every day) of explosive diarrhea, complete with that god-awfulabdominal pain, chills, cold sweats...the whole works. I upped the dose of Ibsacol but thediarrhea kept coming.I had a long-overdue appointment for a checkup, so I took the opportunity to ask my doctorabout trying antianxiety meds for the IBS, and she agreed without hesitation. She suggestedLibrax, since one of its approved uses is for IBS. I decided to stop taking the Ibsacol once Istarted taking the Librax; I wanted to see what (if any) effect the Librax would have on my IBS.After one week I have to say I'm duly impressed with it...not only has the diarrhea stopped(I've not needed any Imodium this week), but the pain that I ALWAYS have in one specificpart of my abdomen (and was unaffected by the Ibsacol) has subsided to the point of almostbeing gone.I still believe in Ibsacol's potential, and have recommended it to a couple of friends, but forright now I think Librax is a better choice for me.Grace

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have also found that Librax works so well for the painful spasms I get. I don't know what I would have done without it when I was at my worst. It was my wonder drug. Now I only take it as needed which is every few months.Glad you are finding relief.Stacey

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have also found that Librax works so well for the painful spasms I get. I don't know what I would have done without it when I was at my worst. It was my wonder drug. Now I only take it as needed which is every few months.Glad you are finding relief.Stacey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.