Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, This is an update cause I have been to worn out and exhausted to post earlier. I had so many tests last week, a neuclear medicine scan that lasted 2 days(had to take heavy laxatives during it)a pitituary MRI, more blood tests and I saw more DR's. I saw 3 endochronologists on Friday who say my thyroid is nothing to worry about (said it is the least of my problems-not sure how to take that). They are doing more blood tests and 24 hour urine to look at other things to rule in/out adrenal things and try to identify the "mass" better. I also have to get another MRI of my abdomen Weds. I am also under the impresion that they want to get these results BEFORE my major surgery so I'm not sure if its gonna go on 7/11 like I thought, cause these tests go to Minnosota and take 2 weeks
. They said the polyp in my duodonem is called a carcinoid and it is an endocrine tumor. They did not say it was cancer but that it is very rare and usually genetic. I think they are trying to see if the mass lower down is related to it. I'm scheduled to have it ultrasounded endoscopically and removed if possible on 7/8. If they can remove it I wonder if that will change the date of the major surgery cause its just a few days later and I have to do bowel prep the whole day before it and sometimes I throw up from the prep and they probably dont want you to do that. I know they are doing the best things for me and I'm glad that they all agreed that I should have the mass removed. I love my surgeon but he is after all a "surgeon" so it was good to hear the same opinion from medical people. I just wish things werent taking so long. They seemed to feel that they will get to the bottom of this or at least that is the impression I got. I cant stay on here much longer, in addition to my problems I am a person who gets sebaceous cysts and I have one on the side of my crotch which hurts to sit on. Just take it from me that it was a lousy week last week, it is so hard getting back and forth from town when you have D and dont feel good. Mentally I am totally worn out so I'm gonna sign off and try and take a nap. If this goes on much longer I may check in to the mental health facility associated with the place. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Nancy, though it may not feel like it now...you are a very strong woman! You are going through hell and surviving it! I admire those of us who when faced with adversity, stand up and fight back as you are doing. It takes guts, and you obviously have what it takes! Hopefully most of these diagnostic tests are behind you and they can then agree on a diagnosis and treatment...but until then, know that I'm here in Georgia rooting for you big time!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Nancy, as exhausting as it is, it sounds like your in good hands.I feel for you and best of luck with everything and hang in there.K9, summed it up.
were rooting for you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Best Wishes to you Nancy for a your surgery and for a speedy recovery. You have certainly been through the mill lately.I can really relate to the Sebaceous cyst problem too, I have had them myself. I also get a lot of boils in/around my groin & thigh area which can be quite painful for walking or sitting.Hang in there, and I will be thinking of you, do keep us updated when possible too.
Lots of Hugs

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nancy,I was wondering how you were doing. I know it sounds lame, but just take one day at a time. I know how exhausting it is to go into town and have all these tests and consults when you feel like ####. It's clear that they're being very thorough with your case, and that's a good thing. :love:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Nancy,I was wondering how you were doing. I am sooooooooooooo sorry you are going through so much. You are very brave and strong. I hope they get to the bottom of things soon. Hang in there!!!! :love: Rose

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much for your replies and support. It helps me sooooooo much. Hopefully tommorrow my husband is going to try and speak with my surgeon (is away on Nantucket currently)to try and put things in better perspective and get a hold of what is happening and when.As I have said before its the waiting and the uncertainty that is the hardest. Sometimes its like its happening to someone else, which must be a coping thing on my part.I guess I am a stronger person than what I thought, this thing has been a fight right from the start. These DR's and this facility are excellent but even here I feel like I have to be really proactive and stay involved in my care and treatment. I know some people dont want to know anything, but it helps me to know as much as I can.As I said hopefully I'll know more tommorrow about dates, tests and anything else. Sometimes I still want to check into McLeans in Belmont (Boston area people know what and where that is-the grounds are much prettier than Solomon Fuller at BUMC
lol)but with Gods help and you wonderful peoples support I'm gonna get through this thing one day at a time, struggle that it is.Will post again when I can. Thanks for caring, it really means so much to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.