Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of June 8th i am a gramma again, times 4
Elijah Ray--7lbs14oz 21 inches long. Little brother to Sarah, Faith and Hope.I am still working the 12 hours a week--barely.I still have alot of pain--wether it is FM or the Lyme or both--i dont no.I am headed for the one year mark when my life changed.I have not slept more than 3 hours per night for over a week.I am cranky and teary.I have no energy. I rarely have the "good days" people talk about.I am going to apply for SSD tomorrow just because. Knowing i will be denyed over and over. Got to do something. Doesnt look like i am going to go back to work full time. My stash is gone!I do not understand the folks that have FM but say they dont have pain or can hold down a full time job??? I wonder why i can not do it too.
What is wrong with me?I swim---i walk---i do stairs 20 times aday (if i want to eat and sleep in my own bed).I can not take anti-D. I have given in to narcotic pain meds as that is all that works and allows me some life.Im sad cause no one is ever here. So i surf around. But you all have a special place in my heart as here is where i first recieved support. But i feel like i am doing something wrong--you all seem to be better--if only i could get by on a tylenol pm!!!!
Hope you all stay wellDebbie

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi Debbielee:Firstly, congratulations on the new grandbaby. How exciting! I had a feeling that your daughter had her baby because I haven't heard from you in awhile. Love the name Elijah. As you are aware every person who has fm has it to a different degree. I don't know what it's like to live without pain. I find some days the pain is more manageable, but it is still there. I don't know too many fm'ers who can hold down a full-time job. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it. Please don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing the best you can and for now you must take care of yourself first. You must remember that you are fighting fm & lymes (double whammy). I'm normally much better in the summer, but am going through a rough week. It can get depressing when you see no relief, but please don't ever give up hope. It is the thing that keeps me going. Know that we are here for you always. Good luck with SSD application. Send lots of hugs your way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Debbie,I too am the same as you. I used to be like the others with the work and family commitments but now, it is hard to get out of bed in the morning.No matter how bad I am, I always get up and get James ready and off to school otherwise he worries about me and I don't want that to happen.I think a day in the past two years have gone by without some degree of pain. I used to think I was doing something wrong too but I know now I haven't.We are all affected differently with this fibro thing and we can't help it. A good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with it but she still works full time as well as being a mother and wife.I don't know how long she will be able to keep it up but she is making the most of it while she can.I am waiting to start my computer course this week. It has been a long time coming. I am very nervous about it as I have trouble retaining things now, but I shall give it a go.Don't worry Debbie, I know you aren't doing anything wrong. Try not to let it get you down too much.Write to me if you want to let off some steam.Hugs and kissesBrooke------------------B Howes

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Weener---hi brookeThanks for responding. i guess i was just whinning.I filed for SSD today--my appt is next monday.Got to track down my dr. tomorrow.Debbie

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hi Debbie. Congrats on the new grandbaby! Shrinky and Weener are right, we all seem to be affected differently. As you know, there are different degrees of every condition, and people's tolerence to pain is different as their nervous systems may not react the same. When I go to my fibro meetings, I see some who are a lot worse off than I am, and some that have not gone through the same unpleasant experiences with fibro that I have. When you have other things going on like lyme's, or antibiotic induced/ other-wise contracted infections, you do not recover as quickly from them. They tend to exacerbate the fatigue and pain. So don't go blameing yourself. Make sure that you list all your conditions and keep a diary of how they are affecting your daily activities. It is difficult to win a fibro SSD case, but with the added Lyme's infection and documentation from the physician, you may be able to succeed - at least until things are under control.Hang in there Debbie. We are still here for you.M.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Debbie:We are all here. Maybe we lack the energy to post! I thought the winter was bad, but this Jersey humidity is killing me. Even if it's not raining, the humidity still is like it's raining! I have been so achy and my walking schedule is shot to h--l!! Plus my older son right now is having a lot of emotional problems which I think he thinks can be alleviated by drinking! I have lain in bed a lot worrying about him. I'm trying to get him to at least see someone about this. This causes FM flares for me, I swear.Hope you got my last e-mail. Miss you.mama-

G

·
Debbie, Congratulations Grandma
Hang in there girl!! We all have our very rough times, maybe hearing that doesn't help much but hurting and feeling awful are NOT your fault. When filling out your SSD papers make a big thing about severity and longevity of your symptoms. I read that from an article from a SSD attorney on my Co-Cure list. Great luck to you and patience!! It took 8 months for mine to go through. Hugs DD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts