Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be done about urgency? Even when I have normal BMs I have terrible urgency and I have to get to a bathroom ASAP. Is there anything to help with this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find that when I have urgency/diarrhea I panic and worry that I won't be able to get to the toilet in time which then seems to make my symptoms even worse. I started then carrying Immodium around with me whenever I went out, so at least if I felt the urge I could take one and if anything it calmed me down before I could find a toilet. Apart from that I really don't know but I'm still suffering with urgency sometimes and I'm dreading the time it happens and there isn't a toilet nearby

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
There are no guarantees with anything, of course; but I used to run to the toilet all morning long and well into the after lunch period before I could count on being able to operate independent of a near by toilet. Since 1998 I have been treating this with a flavonoid supplement, which seems to have some powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Adding a fiber drink has brought this down to a sideshow, rather than the main event in my life. Maybe it is worth trying for you two, too.Mark

·
Registered
64 Posts
Urgency occurs because the tissue inside your GI tract/colon/intestines is exposed because you lost your mucosal lining to a prior use of antibiotics. This allows your own stomach acids to then - make contact with this tissue - essentially eating it & Irritating" it = IBS- colitis- UC- Leaky Gut- Crohn's (NOT a disease). These conditions are actually all the same = same cause & same cure- the only thing separating them is the length of time gone by -w/o the proper treatment -replacing the mucosal lining & rebuilding the GI tract muscular tissue. Why diarrhea / urgency? It is because - when that tissue is un-naturally exposed the digestive acids the body tries to protect you by "dumping" lots of water into your colon in order to dilute the acids- to minimize the damage & to also move everything out ASAP. Hence- much of the time the urgency after eating- but it can happen at any time- as the acids are released at other times - for other purposes. This does not just go away- but "progresses" into the other conditions listed above as the acids continue to eat more tissue- deeper- eventually bring about more symptoms - such as blood & mucous.This can be completely reversed in 30-60-90 days.OK- what to do ,1. Temporarily- go on a low fiber diet- no raw fruit -vegs- nuts- seeds- corn- because the tissue inside is un- naturally exposed- & that fiber -"dragged" across it will "irritate" it - causing more water to be dumped in & then urgency.2. Replace the Mucosal lining to "block" the acid from "eating" the GI tissue.This is done by taking - the RIGHT probiotic ( not any old one) & ABSOLUTELY you need to take Colostrum with it- if you don't take it together- the probiotic will be useless- explaining why you took the probiotic & got little or no benefit.3. Rebuild the GI/intestinal/colon wall- by taking - supplements that contain exactly what that tissue is made of.if you take these - properly- you will be home free- in max- 3 mo.check this out-- it may help you. www.holisticgastroenterology.com www.HolisticGI.com GOOD LUCK!
This smacks of quackery with a dash of spam.

·
Registered
473 Posts
MommyL,Carbolic said "..when I have urgency/diarrhea I panic and worry that I won't be able to get to the toilet in time which then seems to make my symptoms even worse"If PANIC makes it worse, there is a chance that LAUGHING QUIETLY will make it better. Try it next time.Jackmat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.