Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
2,896 Posts
I'm not sure he knows which end is up concerning IBS. He posts information from Dr Esther Sternberg that claims that the brain is on the receiving end of intestinal dysbiosis, but then the next day he claims that this has nothing to do with it.His experts are of two persuasions:1. IBS is psychosomatic...2. IBS is due to defective neurotransmitters... (keep in mind that the drug companies are paying them big bucks to chase down this blind alley)Dr Drossman was past president of the American Psychosomatic Society. i think these are the same people who used to blame a mother's aloof emotional state for a child's autism. I think they are also the same people who used to think that ulcers were caused by too much stress.to be fair, i think that it is safe to say that it would be foolish to completely ignore the emotional aspect of illness. I don't have a problem with a little HT or some other neurotechnology, but to ignore the gut flora is just plain foolish.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
I'm not sure he knows which end is up concerning IBS. He posts information from Dr Esther Sternberg that claims that the brain is on the receiving end of intestinal dysbiosis, but then the next day he claims that this has nothing to do with it.His experts are of two persuasions:1. IBS is psychosomatic...2. IBS is due to defective neurotransmitters... (keep in mind that the drug companies are paying them big bucks to chase down this blind alley)Dr Drossman was past president of the American Psychosomatic Society. i think these are the same people who used to blame a mother's aloof emotional state for a child's autism. I think they are also the same people who used to think that ulcers were caused by too much stress.to be fair, i think that it is safe to say that it would be foolish to completely ignore the emotional aspect of illness. I don't have a problem with a little HT or some other neurotechnology, but to ignore the gut flora is just plain foolish.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
"? While the means may be different, there could be patients whose bacterial counts overlap with the controls."Why would you even raise this point? So what if there are some patients who might match the controls with respect to various bacteria. Focusing on ridiculous points tells me that you are more interested in dismissing evidence and tearing things down than being hopeful about what they are discovering.Have you ever wondered if the overwhelming amount of negativity in your life plays a role...It is like your mind is permanently stuck on negative.----------------------------------------------"Since most of the flora can't even be identified let alone grown in culture easily, how can ever know what's normal and abnormal in the gut?"This may be true, but it does not mean that they should not try and learn more about it.At one time they knew very little about h. pylori

· Banned
2,896 Posts
"? While the means may be different, there could be patients whose bacterial counts overlap with the controls."Why would you even raise this point? So what if there are some patients who might match the controls with respect to various bacteria. Focusing on ridiculous points tells me that you are more interested in dismissing evidence and tearing things down than being hopeful about what they are discovering.Have you ever wondered if the overwhelming amount of negativity in your life plays a role...It is like your mind is permanently stuck on negative.----------------------------------------------"Since most of the flora can't even be identified let alone grown in culture easily, how can ever know what's normal and abnormal in the gut?"This may be true, but it does not mean that they should not try and learn more about it.At one time they knew very little about h. pylori

· Banned
2,896 Posts
"Flux, this is your lucky day! I just happen to know the perfect person to help you out with your confusion about dysbacteriosis. Amazingly, his name is also Flux! His email address is at the link below, you can contact him there. I'm sure you two will get along just fine. "
"Hey Kel, I trust your Brain-Gut Axis / Neurotransmitter system transplant is still working great and you continue to be pretty much free of IBS. "All I have to say is thank goodness that this horrible condition is reversible. I am living proof that if you really want to find a solution to this curse you can do it.Eric and his experts are wrong when they say that it is incurable and you have to just live with it. Of course flux will probably have to just live with it because he doesn't believe anything.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
"Flux, this is your lucky day! I just happen to know the perfect person to help you out with your confusion about dysbacteriosis. Amazingly, his name is also Flux! His email address is at the link below, you can contact him there. I'm sure you two will get along just fine. "
"Hey Kel, I trust your Brain-Gut Axis / Neurotransmitter system transplant is still working great and you continue to be pretty much free of IBS. "All I have to say is thank goodness that this horrible condition is reversible. I am living proof that if you really want to find a solution to this curse you can do it.Eric and his experts are wrong when they say that it is incurable and you have to just live with it. Of course flux will probably have to just live with it because he doesn't believe anything.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
Eric said,
quote: In order to fully "cure" something you have to know exactly what causes it,
THIS STATEMENT IS SOOOOOOOOO INCORRECT THAT I AM FORCED TO USE CAPS!!!!!!!!!WRONG ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Banned
2,896 Posts
Eric said,
quote: In order to fully "cure" something you have to know exactly what causes it,
THIS STATEMENT IS SOOOOOOOOO INCORRECT THAT I AM FORCED TO USE CAPS!!!!!!!!!WRONG ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Banned
2,896 Posts
quote: It was twenty years you had IBS Kel, if I am not mistaken. Is that chronic?
It was every single FRIGGING day!!!There was never a break. If I starved myself I could experience symptom free days but starving yourself is not an option -- eventually you have to eat.I had cramps/pain every day. I had abnormal stool every day (NEVER normal). I had excess gas, trapped gas, bloating.... No peristalsis, diarrhea, constipation, rectal sensitivity, visceral hypersensitivity, nausea, fatigue and about a dozen other bodily symptoms.All GI symptoms are gone and I am left to work on a few remaining problems related to other parts of my body --- some allergies, daytime lethargy, some sinus issues remain (but much better), and a problem pertaining to my brain still bothers me but it to is responding greatly.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
quote: It was twenty years you had IBS Kel, if I am not mistaken. Is that chronic?
It was every single FRIGGING day!!!There was never a break. If I starved myself I could experience symptom free days but starving yourself is not an option -- eventually you have to eat.I had cramps/pain every day. I had abnormal stool every day (NEVER normal). I had excess gas, trapped gas, bloating.... No peristalsis, diarrhea, constipation, rectal sensitivity, visceral hypersensitivity, nausea, fatigue and about a dozen other bodily symptoms.All GI symptoms are gone and I am left to work on a few remaining problems related to other parts of my body --- some allergies, daytime lethargy, some sinus issues remain (but much better), and a problem pertaining to my brain still bothers me but it to is responding greatly.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
quote: You are just unreal kelSo Kel tell me how you cure all IBSers?
Rule #1 ---- do NOT go to a medical doctor if you want to be cured of IBS!!!!!!!!!!!================================================Give me $100,000.00 and I could run just about any IBSer through a 24 month program that would eliminate the condition in at least 90% of the people.I would start with a protocol that sought to identify any pathogens such that Calid had (citrobacter, proteus m., etc). The basic dahlman protocol....Massive quantities of human strain probioticsYour HT (or professional HT therapy), also some other neurotechnology programs such as Holosync or talissa's audio programAcupunctureChinese Herbal Medicine -- individual therapy with pulse readings......and my personal favorite--- the therapy that worked for garywest, linda c, and me --- homeopathy.anyone who thinks homeopathy does not or could not work is sadly mistaken. i GUARANTEE you that the future will continue to prove that there is something very powerful going on here. science is already backing it up but no one is paying attention. i would bet my life that i have the last laugh on this matter --- i GUARANTEE IT!!!!!I WILL BE PROVEN CORRECT ON THIS -- MARK MY WORDS!!!===========================================I am convinced that some combination of alternative therapies would solve the problem.oh I forgot to include heavy metal chelation. since you never know what might work you have to try everything.7 months and counting for me!!!!!!I had a plan, i put it into action, it was a brutal ride but now i am doing great.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
quote: You are just unreal kelSo Kel tell me how you cure all IBSers?
Rule #1 ---- do NOT go to a medical doctor if you want to be cured of IBS!!!!!!!!!!!================================================Give me $100,000.00 and I could run just about any IBSer through a 24 month program that would eliminate the condition in at least 90% of the people.I would start with a protocol that sought to identify any pathogens such that Calid had (citrobacter, proteus m., etc). The basic dahlman protocol....Massive quantities of human strain probioticsYour HT (or professional HT therapy), also some other neurotechnology programs such as Holosync or talissa's audio programAcupunctureChinese Herbal Medicine -- individual therapy with pulse readings......and my personal favorite--- the therapy that worked for garywest, linda c, and me --- homeopathy.anyone who thinks homeopathy does not or could not work is sadly mistaken. i GUARANTEE you that the future will continue to prove that there is something very powerful going on here. science is already backing it up but no one is paying attention. i would bet my life that i have the last laugh on this matter --- i GUARANTEE IT!!!!!I WILL BE PROVEN CORRECT ON THIS -- MARK MY WORDS!!!===========================================I am convinced that some combination of alternative therapies would solve the problem.oh I forgot to include heavy metal chelation. since you never know what might work you have to try everything.7 months and counting for me!!!!!!I had a plan, i put it into action, it was a brutal ride but now i am doing great.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
eric,Interesting article on migraines. I just posted something similar with regards to the magnetic stimulator and depression/pain.
quote: Nor is dybosis the cause of inflammtion in IBS
Maybe, maybe not. I don't really know.I don't have a clue about any of this any longer. I suspect that intestinal dysbiosis is a big factor in most of us but i don't have proof that this is the starting point of it all or the only factor. There are probably many factors involved.
quote: The reason your so uneducated in IBS is because you don't take the time to do your homework on it and all the information they already have you ignore. You spend more time on proving homeopathy works then researching thouroughly what IBS is an what they know.
I have no choice but to laugh at comments like this. Here I am ---free of the dreaded IBS curse, a curse that so interferred with my life that I had the identical thoughts that you had concerning "life, is it worth it" ----but---but i figured a way out and you are over there lecturing me that I do not understand it. tell me you are joking.babble on all you want about molecular defects, serotonin signalling, mysterious brain gut interactions (which probably does exist), incurable, hopeless (except for the relief that HT can give), terminal, medication is the only hope (Gershon), blah blah blah...My holistic plan worked, and that is all that matters!!!!!now go on and babble some more mr. spammer.

· Banned
2,896 Posts
eric,Interesting article on migraines. I just posted something similar with regards to the magnetic stimulator and depression/pain.
quote: Nor is dybosis the cause of inflammtion in IBS
Maybe, maybe not. I don't really know.I don't have a clue about any of this any longer. I suspect that intestinal dysbiosis is a big factor in most of us but i don't have proof that this is the starting point of it all or the only factor. There are probably many factors involved.
quote: The reason your so uneducated in IBS is because you don't take the time to do your homework on it and all the information they already have you ignore. You spend more time on proving homeopathy works then researching thouroughly what IBS is an what they know.
I have no choice but to laugh at comments like this. Here I am ---free of the dreaded IBS curse, a curse that so interferred with my life that I had the identical thoughts that you had concerning "life, is it worth it" ----but---but i figured a way out and you are over there lecturing me that I do not understand it. tell me you are joking.babble on all you want about molecular defects, serotonin signalling, mysterious brain gut interactions (which probably does exist), incurable, hopeless (except for the relief that HT can give), terminal, medication is the only hope (Gershon), blah blah blah...My holistic plan worked, and that is all that matters!!!!!now go on and babble some more mr. spammer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.