Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I bother. Doctors are just useless when you talk to them about this. I went to see mine again because things are bad again and I don't want to have to live with this for another 10 years. Honestly they really don't care at all. It's like talking to yourself. I know more about this problem than they do and he didn't know what to say. Honestly, he looked at me as if I was just making everything up and it's actually quite depressing. Now I remember why i had to suffer for 10 years with little or no help from the medical community. He said take some more immodiums - thanks already done that. It's probably stress related - thanks, that's why I have had this for over a decade and it pops up when I'm not stressed! and the stress only came because I had diarrhea in the first place.It is time that this was taken seriously. If my doctor had had to get up at the crack of dawn and sit on the toilet all morning just to get to his appointment and then only just make it on time - they might understand what we are all complaining about. It makes me so mad and it's really depressing. That's my good doctor as well!!! Is this it for the rest of my life. Anyone else feel the same ? Thanks for letting me having a good old moan as I feel really down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This sounds like my story. I wonder why I bother either.I am to the place where I think I will go to natural food sotre and try that.I went Wednesday tothe rgy shot. while there, I asked them if the dr. hd anythng stronger than imodium. the nurse looked at me like I was stupidShe said wy. I said becuase I was having problems Saturday took two immodiums and then Sunday morning before church I was still having problems so toook two more,and then Sunday afternoon took two more. then I got constipated, and now today all I do is rn to the bathroom, and ended up having to take two mor eimodidum so I could come here.I told her I thinkmy body is ammune to imodiumshe said she would get the chart and lookThen she came back and said the dr. will call in a prescription fo rme, that one time when I get diaharea, take them medicne, and then in four hours can take another. I said this is a no win situation. No one knows how to treat anyone with IBs. People know ow to treat cancer, how to treat diabeis, how to treat heart problems, but when it comes to IB no oe knows how to trat it. I am tryng probiotics now and ope that helps she saidyes,and walke dout of the roomjIstillhave not gotten my perscription. It is not that I want to get medicine after the diahara. I want it to prevent diaharea. i could just cry as this is not workingso told my husband I am going back to the natural food store and get moe prodbiotics and talk to the gal there about heling meso your story sounds like ingGood luck with this. Like I say this is a no win situatuonhugs, Dee

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
which I guess is why I just bang my head against the desk...
Best,Mark

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I know Dr's are not much help as we are all different and they really don't know what exactly will help us best. They can try a few prescriptions but if you want IBS to be g-o-n-e.. sorry a "cure" hasn't been developed yet. They are still treating the various symptoms and that is about it. IMHO...After the initial diagnosis is made and other than getting any rx medications one might want to try.... OR if one experiences a significant symptom change,.....with just IBS I don't think going to the Dr's is all that helpful. SO.. you ask if this is it for the rest of your life?? Well.. yes you could have IBS for the rest of your life. Symptom management is possible you just gotta keep trying different things. Usually what works best for the most people is a few treatments working in concert. And like I said.. negative thinking breeds more negative thinking.. and positive thinking breeds more positive thinking.So I know it is hard but try to keep a good thought going.Having a moan once in awhile is fine.. but like I've said before, I think if one dwells on the down side or negatives, one will only feel worse.. not better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.