Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went for my urodynamics test today. Which consists of a cathater in your penis and a sensor in you rectum. And an imaging x-ray screen placed over the bladder area.The imaging also showed a large amount of stool around the bladder in the colon. The nurse that did the test for me, said she was amazed that I could still eat and wasn't in constant pain. It's the reason I have trouble urinating, the big amount of stool stuck in there.She said that stool was going around the impacted stool as liquid. As most people are amazed that they can be having diarriah and still have a bunch of stool stuck in their colon. I uped my miralax dose to 6 doses a day 5 days ago. The nurse said to keep taking big doses of miralax and take some mag citrate occasionally.Before I uped the dose of mirilax. I was getting limited amount of stool but it was solid and well formed. Now I get 2 kinds of stool one watery and gravelly on the bottom. And one more like pudding, the nurse said the pudding type one was pieces of the impacted stool coming off because of the mirilax.I dosed on mag citrate today also, and am thinking about cutting out the Milk of magnesia, and maybe going with 8 doses a day of mirilax.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Wow... that was NOT a fun test I bet.... poor you! But I AM glad nothing was fond to be wrong with your bladder function! That is good at least! But I sure hope the med tweaking gets RID of that clog up for you! And I also hope you feel better real soon!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I found that not taking the MOM for 2 days solved my skin problem. As I was having dermititus all over my body and face. But I wasn't pooping very well without the MOM. So I just went and took a big dose of it just now.The mag citrate and bigger doses of miralax surprised me that they didn't do more. Sometimes it takes longer for the mag citrate to work.I probably need a colostomy or a M.A.C.E type procedure.But the urologist said I'd have to go back to the gastenterologist, for any help with constipation. It's endless fooling around with these people, while my colon is probably getting ready to explode. I'll probably ask the GI for a referal to a colorectal surgeon on monday when his office is open. Unless I start having a lot of pain before then. If I do I guess I'll go to the local emergency room. And they can ship me off 165 miles to iowa city, to see if they will do surgery, or let me die.The interesting thing is i've never had any pain with my IBS or Crones disease, even before I had my bowel restructure for the crones disease. They took a portion of my right colon then also, along with 3 feet of small intestine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've become scared of almost everything now. I stay with my parents but don't leave the house except for doctor appointments.Noises of any type upset me even the ticking of the clock. I have to put ear plugs in my ears.I had argued with my mom, that there was a bunch of stool stuck inside me for a while. But she would say "you just had a number of stools, or you had diariah in them you couldn't possibly have any left". Or that she would sometimes go days without pooping herself, and that was normal.The nurse told me it was common for people not to believe they were full of stool, especially when they had diarriah, as it just slides around the impaction. However I wasn't having diariah until I uped the dose of miralax considerably, or did a mag citrate etc.My dad, will just start hollering at me, and tell me to shut up when I talk about my medical problems. He wanted to insist that I had taken to much laxative, and there was no more stool, and that's why I was having trouble urinating. And that I was basicly crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts