Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Tuesday, June 17, 2014, is the Digestive Health Congressional Call-In Day!

On this day, the digestive health community is asking you to take a few minutes of your time to reach out to your congressional representative about this important issue. By joining together on one day, our voices are amplified with one clear message.

Functional gastrointestinal and motility disorders affect 1 in 4 people in the U.S. The digestive health community is asking Members of the U.S. House of Representatives to support The Functional GI & Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 842). This landmark legislation will raise critical awareness for chronic digestive conditions and expand research into treatments and cures.

How to Call

It's easy to participate: click here to find phone numbers for your Members of Congress and talking points to help guide your calls. Don't be intimidated-what you have to say is important!

Spread the Word

Our strength is in numbers, so after you've made your call, please forward this email to encourage family, friends, and colleagues to join you in the Digestive Health Congressional Call-In Day.

You can also share this graphic to invite your friends to join you in taking action today.

Thank you for being an advocate for digestive health!

Sincerely,

The Digestive Health Alliance (DHA)

Call-In-Day-2014-Share-Graphic.png

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi, can you please tell us more about this act ? I am curious to know why the act was needed and how we intend to use the funding, if approved ?

Have there been any attempts to improve awareness and research in the past ?

Thanks.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, can you please tell us more about this act ? I am curious to know why the act was needed and how we intend to use the funding, if approved ?

Have there been any attempts to improve awareness and research in the past ?

Thanks.
I think IFFGD might be better at answering these questions. You can contact them at iffgd at iffgd.org or toll free at (888) 964-2001

1 - 4 of 4 Posts