Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on this board in a while, but the symtoms are ramping up again for me with IBS. I'm a new mom working part time who is under a lot of stress and worry (my IBS triggers!).My GI doc told me he wants me to take something called "complete relief" and they are peppermint based pills. I am nursing so we are avoiding the rx drugs for now. Has anyone taken these and/or know where I can buy them? I can't find them on line either thus far. He said there are various studies that have showed some very promising relief for suffers. I am D based IBS with lots of loud spasms.Thanks,Mo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Moneeky, Right now I am trying peppermint essential oils. So far I haven't noticed a change but I have used peppermint tea when I have a bout of D(my IBS is also stress induced). Peppermint tea is wonderful because it soothes the tract and it seems like it works like a cork for the d...ha, ha. The only thing about the tea is it can cause mild belching which gives relief. I know that I'd rather burp a little bit than have those loud rumbles from my intestines. I wish you lots of luck and hope that I might have helped a bit. Take care.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Moneeky, Right now I am trying peppermint essential oils. So far I haven't noticed a change but I have used peppermint tea when I have a bout of D(my IBS is also stress induced). Peppermint tea is wonderful because it soothes the tract and it seems like it works like a cork for the d...ha, ha. The only thing about the tea is it can cause mild belching which gives relief. I know that I'd rather burp a little bit than have those loud rumbles from my intestines. I wish you lots of luck and hope that I might have helped a bit. Take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.