Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Last week, I had something with tomato in it and felt that familiar burning stomach pain that seems to last all day and night (it goes away after a night's sleep). I have long found that Tums, Maalox, Pepto, etc. do absolutely no good when I have this pain, nor do digestive enzymes, nor does it seem to matter if I'm on a PPI. On a lark, I bought Charcocaps and tried them, and, lo and behold, the pain went away completely in 5 minutes! I couldn't believe it. It makes me wonder if this pain is gas. It is generally not accompanied by flatulence, but possibly some occasional belching. The pain did return about an hour later to a lesser degree, so it would seem like if it were gas that it would not have returned since I didn't eat anything else. With that background I had two questions for those of you who've found relief using charcoal products:1. If it takes away the pain, does the pain return an hour later if you haven't eaten anything? Several times I've had this happen-- 45 mins to an hour of relief, then the pain returns. Does gas keep forming and forming? The instructions say you can take the charcocaps every 2hrs as needed.2. I belched on time and noticed a smoky stuff coming out of my mouth. Have you ever had that happen with a charcoal product? It's only happened to me once.I'm glad I found charcoal. It works a lot better than gas-x.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.