Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am brand new to this site, seeking advice. I have had IBS my whole adult life and I am 59. Cannot remember a time when I did not have at least 3-5 days between disgustingly huge soft BMs. This week, however, i seem to have encountered a new set of symptoms that may or may not be connected to IBS. I was diagnosed a week ago with a mild UTI -- my primary symptoms was urinary frequency and pressure/feeling of fullness. Over the next several days, the frequency subsided a bit but the feelings of fullness and pressure gradually turned into fairly persistent and severe low back pain and pressure just above my pelvic bone in front. Back to the doc today and they find the UTI has cleared up (although they will culture the sample to be confident) and they cannot explain pain and pressure. The pain is so severe when i stand for more than a few minutes that i am staying off my feet. The doc said that, if the pain does not subside in few more days, they will look for an explanation in my IBS. I remembered after leaving the doctor's office (duh!) that the pain intensified after one of my characteristically enormous and somewhat abrupt onset soft stools. Does this set of circumstances ring bells with anyone?Also, similarly, is there anyone else who has an enormous bowel movements after stress is relieved (when someone dies, when you've finished a big project, or, at least, on the weekend)?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.