Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then when I'm on a good streak, I won't have a BM till late at night, 9ish, 10ish, and sometimes no matter how much I eat I just can't go! And I know with IBS-D going is the VERY last thing you want to do, but it sucks cause I can't eat anything the next day because I'm scared I'll have to go as soon as it touches my tongue. Its not constipation though, its just my stomach taking its time, time I don't have. Grrrrrrr. Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
He he YES! ALL the time! I swing from one to the other. When I'm having a D week I wish and wish and wish it would stop, then I won't go for a day or 2 and I'm the same, too scared to eat if I have to go anywhere cause I know the minute I eat something, cramps and D will arrive! It's so frustrating!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
it didn't happen to me UNTIL i've tried the fiber -- it's my sec week on fiber and today i feel like this is exactly what's going to happen to me! -- granted that my dr. said that it's going to get worse before it gets better, BUT so far it feels like it doesn't do much other than postponing transit time! and it's made my MB's occur at totally weird hours!

·
Registered
490 Posts
This happens to me quite often. After a bad bout of D, I often can't go the next day, sometimes not for a few days. I don't know whether it's my colon being empty or taking too many Immodium. Or just the IBS making my colon crazy one minute then bringing everything to a standstill.If I don't have a BM in the morning, before I go out, I worry all day that I'll suddenly get D (it's happened like that a few times!) I'm anxious and afriad to eat.If I'm going for a day out or to my boyfriend's house, I make myself sit on the loo till I can go. Reading a magazine often does the trick, even if it takes an hour! Training your body into a routine can help.If I'm going through a good phase (ie no D) I take a daily aloe vera tablet, also a licorice root capsule and sometimes flaxseed oil to stop me getting C. They are gentle, natural supplements to help regulate you. Also I've used glycerine suppositeries in the past.I can't tolerate laxatives like senna or milk of magnesia- I use them only when I'm desperate-as they tend to give me agonizing cramps and D that lasts for days.
I

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there, I recently went on Librax and it's helping tremendously. I find though if I don't take fiber I don't go for days. Does anyone else have luck with black licorice or peppermint? i have up and down days and it seems like too much partying kicks it off. i usually put up with the couple bad days of suffering in order to live my life somewhat normal. Today, no D but I've had BM 5 times already and am afraid to eat. I'm open to any suggestions.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I "worry" sometimes when I only have one BM like today. The need to go feeling passed but I still feel like I'm backed up...it is uncomfortable as well. Not as bad as D, but still unpleasant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.